Hormone Replacement Therapy
Nutropin is produced by Genentech using recombinant DNA technology and has the same amino acid sequence as human growth hormone produced naturally in the human body. Recombinant growth hormone was cloned by Genentech scientists in 1979.
ABOUT ADULT GROWTH HORMONE DEFICIENCY
Growth hormone (hGH or GH) doesn't just contribute to physical growth in children. Adults need GH, too. In adults, GH is essential to the maintenance of healthy body composition and metabolism. When an adults body is unable to produce enough GH, he or she is said to have adult GH deficiency (AGHD).
Some people with adult growth hormone (hGH or GH) deficiency were not GH-deficient as children. These people are said to have adult-onset GH deficiency.
The usual cause of adult-onset GH deficiency is damage to the pituitary gland, which is responsible for secreting GH. This damage is most commonly caused by one or more tumors in and around the pituitary. Such a tumor may compress the gland, or the damage may occur when the tumor is removed. The pituitary gland may also be damaged by infection, blood vessel disease, severe head injury, or radiation treatment for tumors of the head or neck. .
Growth hormone deficiency, GHD, is a pituitary disorder resulting in short stature and other physical ailments. GHD occurs when the production of growth hormone, secreted by the pituitary gland, is disrupted. Since growth hormone plays a critical role in stimulating body growth and development, and is involved in the production of muscle protein and in the break down of fats, a decrease in the hormone affects numerous body processes.
Turner syndrome affects approximately one in 2,500 female, live births. Turner syndrome is a chromosomal disorder that affects females exclusively and is characterized, in part, by short stature and ovarian dysfunction. It is caused by the absence of all or part of one of the X chromosomes.
Chronic renal insufficiency, CRI, affects about 3,000 children in the United States. It manifests through a gradual and progressive loss of the ability of the kidneys to excrete wastes, concentrate urine, and conserve electrolytes. Kidney transplants can help a child start growing normally again, but most children do not make up the growth lost prior to transplantation.
Growth hormone should not be initiated to treat patients with acute critical illness due to complications following open heart or abdominal surgery, multiple accidental trauma or to patients having acute respiratory failure.
Growth Hormone should not be used for growth promotion in pediatric patients with closed epiphyses.
Growth Hormone should not be used in patients with active neoplasia. Growth Hormone therapy should be discontinued if evidence of neoplasia develops. Patients with a history of an intracranial lesion should be examined frequently for progression or recurrence of the lesion.
Intracranial hypertension (IH) with papilledema, visual changes, headache, nausea, and/or vomiting has been reported in a small number of patients treated with Growth Hormone. Funduscopic examination of patients is recommended at the initiation and periodically during Growth Hormone therapy. Patients with CRI or Turner's Syndrome may be at increased risk for development of IH.
Growth Hormone may reduce insulin sensitivity, particularly in obese individuals, patients should be observed for evidence of glucose intolerance. For patients with diabetes mellitus, the insulin dose may require adjustment when Growth Hormone therapy is instituted.
Experience with prolonged Growth Hormone treatment in adults is limited.
Adverse events frequently reported in adult patients were edema (41%), arthralgias and other joint disorders (27%). Thirty-five per cent of childhood-onset adult Growth Hormone deficient subjects treated with Growth Hormone 0.025 mg/kg/day for 2 years had supraphysiologic levels of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) at some time during the study, which may carry unknown risks. During therapy, dosage should be decreased if required by the occurrence of side effects or excessive IGF-I levels.
Patients being treated with Growth Hormone (GH) should be informed of the potential benefits and risks associated with Growth Hormone therapy.
For additional product Information visit: http://www.nutropin.com
Number of words: 657
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Side Effects Of HGH - March 21st, 2022
- HGH Scams (HGH Supplements) - March 20th, 2022
- Hgh Product Serostim - March 11th, 2022
- Saizen Hgh: Injectable Hgh Product - March 9th, 2022
- Nutropin Hgh Detailed Description - March 8th, 2022
- Omnitrope Hgh: Human Growth Hormone Product Called Omnitrope. - March 7th, 2022
- Genotropin HGH: Human Growth Hormone Product - March 6th, 2022
- Saizen Hgh Detailed Description - March 6th, 2022
- Genotropin Hgh Detailed Description - March 4th, 2022
- Nordiflex HGH Injection Device Information - March 3rd, 2022
- Hgh Scams: Different Hgh Scams And Things To Watch For Online - March 2nd, 2022
- Braves' Schafer Talks About His Suspension Over Hgh - March 1st, 2022
- Us Olympic Committee And Talk Of Hgh - February 28th, 2022
- Hgh Sports And Baseball - February 27th, 2022
- Hgh Facts - Information About Growth Hormone - February 26th, 2022
- Related Glossary of Terms - February 25th, 2022
- Your HGH Levels - February 24th, 2022
- Hgh For Menopause - February 23rd, 2022
- Buying Hgh Hormone Human Growth Hormone - February 22nd, 2022
- Introduction To Hgh Growth Hormone Hgh - May 10th, 2020
- What Is Injectable Hgh Human Growth Hormone? - May 9th, 2020
- Hgh Products Genotropin Humantrope Nutropin Saizen Serostim Omnitrope - May 8th, 2020
- Hgh Deficiency - May 6th, 2020
- Hgh Dosage - May 5th, 2020
- What dietary considerations should I make while on HRT, hormone replacement therapy? - May 1st, 2020
- Hgh Releasers - April 26th, 2020
- Getting Started With An Hgh Program - April 25th, 2020
- Benefits Of Hgh: Thierry Hertoghe - April 23rd, 2020
- Hgh In Forefront To Remain Young - March 18th, 2020
- Anti-ageing Clinics Distribute Human Growth Hormone - March 16th, 2020
- Hgh Therapy - March 15th, 2020
- Hgh Replacement - March 14th, 2020
Word Count: 661