Video Download: New Research On Hormone Replacement Therapy
Video Stream: New Research On Hormone Replacement Therapy
It was a decade ago many women stopped undergoing Hormone Replacement Therapy being fearful after the federal government pulled the plug on a massive ten-year study on Hormone Replacement Therapy.
The study linked the hormones to cancer, heart disease, stroke and blood clots.
Now new research seems to suggest they may be safe for some women who start taking them soon after they reach menopause.
The new study in the British Medical Journal suggests hormone therapy can have benefits for those in early menopause.
"What's interesting about this study is it once again brings up the issue is hormone replacement therapy safe for women who are recently postmenopausal," said Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum with Lenox Hill Hospital.
The study looked at more than 1,000 Danish women between the ages of 45 and 58 in the early stages of menopause. Half were on hormones; half weren't.
The women were then tracked six more years after the trial was stopped.
Researchers found those who had the hormone therapy were less likely to die, have heart failure, a heart attack or have an increased risk of breast cancer or stroke.
Dr. Steinbaum says hormone therapy is something some women need. "There are some women who really suffer as they go through menopause and this study looks at these women right after they go through menopause when their symptoms might be the worst and says maybe hormone replacement therapy isn't so bad," she says.
While the results are encouraging, Dr. Steinbaum says more study is needed. "We're not yet at the point of saying this is good for you, it could protect your heart, where we're at [is], is it going to hurt you if you actually need it," she adds.
New findings on heart risk from hormone replacement therapy
Word Count: 314
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Gene Therapy - December 24th, 2018
- The Best Ways to Boost Your Levels of HGH - November 27th, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone Explained - November 27th, 2018
- Melatonin: The Body's Master Clock - November 27th, 2018
- About IGF-1 Also Known as Somatomedin C - November 27th, 2018
- HGH Sprays -- Fact, Fiction or Scam? - November 27th, 2018
- Finally Explained: The Mysterious Pineal Gland - November 21st, 2018
- Esquire: Hormone Replacement Therapy For Men: A Review - November 21st, 2018
- Behavioral Therapy May Help Hot Flashes - November 21st, 2018
- Heart Benefits From Hormone Replacement Therapy? - November 21st, 2018
- Risks of Hormones in Early Menopause Challenged - November 21st, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone Options for Administration - November 21st, 2018
- IGF-1 Treatment - November 21st, 2018
- Doctors Call For New Guidelines as Study Finds HRT 'is Safe - and Can Protect Heart' - November 21st, 2018
- Researchers Ponder Why Estrogen-Only HRT May Reduce Breast Cancer Risk - November 19th, 2018
- How to Keep Your Human Growth Hormone Treatments Legal - November 19th, 2018
- Hormone Therapy May Help Cut Alzheimer's Risk - November 19th, 2018
- Androgel : Men Getting Their Mojo Back! - November 19th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Safe, Study Suggests - November 19th, 2018
- Toxins Could Explain Pneumonia Damage While a Hormone Could be the Cure, Researchers Say - November 19th, 2018
- HGH Secretagogue - November 17th, 2018
- Injectable HGH Therapy Manual and Wiki Guide - November 17th, 2018
- The HGH Recommended Medical Dosage - The Importance of Blood Work - November 16th, 2018
- Early HRT 'May Cut Alzheimer Risk' - April 6th, 2018
- Welcome to HGH and Testosterone Replacement Therapy - March 7th, 2018
- A Toxic Hormone Seems to Be Changing the Sex of Fish in U.S. Rivers - March 5th, 2018
- The Importance of Luteinizing Hormone - March 4th, 2018
- The Miracle of the Human Growth Hormone Secretagogue Sermorelin - January 30th, 2018
- What You Need to Know About the Hypothalamus Gland - January 30th, 2018