Restrict Your Calories and Add Years to Your Life
Are There Any Shortcuts to a Long Life?
The couple has been practicing calorie restriction for the last 14 years.
Calorie restriction is the only proven way to extend life to animals and, now, studies are getting started in humans.
Averill and McGlothin are the subjects of one such study.
Video Download: Restrict Your Calories 30% And Live 30% Longer.zip
Video Stream: Restrict Your Calories 30% And Live 30% Longer
They are calorie restrictors, eating only specific amounts of foods that are high in nutrition but low in calories -- foods like vegetables, fruits, and beans.
At almost every meal, they weigh their food and keep detailed records on their laptop of the nutrition and calories they are consuming.
Averill eats about 1,500 calories and McGlothin about 1,900 -- that's about 30 percent less than what the average American consumes.
"In almost every animal species, it has increased life significantly," said Robert N.Butler, a gerontologist, and president of the International Center for Longevity. "If you reduce by about 30 percent, you get 30 additional percent of life."
Averill and McGlothin claim the benefits of calorie restriction are astounding. They share their healthy diet and lifestyle tips as co-authors of a new book, "The CR Way " (Harper Collins).
"My heart and blood vessels are like a person many decades younger," Averill said.
McGlothin said, "Doing calorie restriction, in the way that we do, is like night and day regarding being able to function. I'm 60 years old. I have 20/20 vision. On IQ tests I've improved 30 percent over the last 14 years, it's usually just the opposite."
Some people are taking a different approach to their search for longevity.
With an emphasis on prevention, he starts with a comprehensive medical exam lasting two full days.
"We run a battery of tests over a few days, and we'll find that people have certain genetic predispositions to diseases or they have certain conditions or family history of illness," Grossman said.
"So we'll use some supplements or medications that are specifically designed to prevent or treat those [ailments]."
Ray Kurzweil, a 60-year-old scientist and award-winning inventor, teamed up with Grossman to write a book on the future of aging called "The Fantastic Voyage."
They believe that in addition to a healthy lifestyle, a personalized plan of aggressive supplementation helps to slow the aging process.
Kurzweil, the winner of the National Medal of Technology and other prestigious science awards, said, "I'm taking, you know, 150 different substances, each of which has a lot of scientific evidence behind it. I have the hormonal levels and the nutrient standards of a 40-year-old. If I weren't doing this, that would not be the case. And I confirm this with blood tests every few months, based on how I feel and my productivity, so I'm not flying without an instrument panel."
So what is exactly he is taking Some are familiar, such as essential vitamins and minerals, and not so familiar such as phosphatidylcholine.
Kurzweil says that phosphatidylcholine reverses the aging of the cell membrane.
But other experts such as professor Jay Olshansky of the Chicago School of Public Health thinks most supplements are a waste of time and money. He notes that for the vast majority of the people who are taking nutritional supplements," all they have is very, very expensive urine, and that's it."
Most experts, however, seem to agree that everyone should exercise, eat less and lower their stress levels. And, as for the value of caloric restriction and supplementation to extend life, it will be years before we know for sure.
Word Count: 646
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- How to Age Rapidly or Not - September 28th, 2018
- BHRT Medical Solutions - September 19th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Program Protocol Diary - September 11th, 2018
- What is a Nutraceutical? - August 9th, 2018
- Did You Know: Sarcopenia is Increasing Among Senior Citizens at a Blistering Pace? - August 3rd, 2018
- Learn the Link Between Diabetes and Growth Hormone - August 1st, 2018
- The Facts About Cholesterol...the Truth May Surprise You! - June 12th, 2018
- All the Different Brands of Human Growth Hormone -- Guide - April 24th, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH) Medical Guide - April 4th, 2018
- Female Blood Panel Work - April 3rd, 2018
- Erectile Dysfunction: The Facts You Need to Know - February 8th, 2018
- The Curse of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - January 30th, 2018
- Healthy Living Can Add 14 Years to Your Life! - January 25th, 2018
- Stop Suffering From Heartburn - January 15th, 2018
- Weight Loss Through HGH - January 15th, 2018
- Low Testosterone Affects a Third of Young Men with Type 2 Diabetes - January 11th, 2018
- Welcome to HRT, HGH and Testosterone Therapy - December 13th, 2017
- Avoid Black Market HGH and Botox -- Marina del Rey Woman Arrested in HGH Case -- Guide - May 22nd, 2017