Video Download: Low Testosterone Affects A Third Of Young Men With Type 2 Diabetes
Video Stream: Low Testosterone Affects A Third Of Young Men With Type 2 Diabetes
New research has revealed that approximately one-third of men aged 18-35 with type 2 diabetes have low Testosterone levels.
Dr. Paresh Dandona and colleagues from the State University of New York in Buffalo measured circulating Testosterone levels in 38 men with type 1 diabetes and 24 men with type 2 diabetes.
Results showed that Testosterone levels were significantly lower in participants with type 2 diabetes than they were in men with type 1 diabetes. 33% of participants with type 2 diabetes were found to have low Testosterone levels, while 58% had Testosterone levels that were below normal for their age.
In comparison, just 8% type 1 diabetic patients had Testosterone levels below the lower limit of normal.
The participants with low Testosterone also had low levels of Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH), thus meaning that they met diagnostic criteria for hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, by not producing those two hormones in adequate amounts.
If left untreated, hypogonadotropic hypogonadism may lead to the development of osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease, as well as loss of sex drive, impotence and infertility.
The researchers conclude: “Young type 2 diabetic patients have significantly lower plasma concentrations of total and free testosterone and inappropriately low LH and FSH concentrations with a very high prevalence of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism when compared with type 1 diabetic patients of a comparable age.
The potential implications for their sexual and reproductive function during prime reproductive years are profound.”
Men and Low Testosterone
Could testosterone therapy benefit men with type 2 diabetes?
Low Testosterone and Your Health
Word Count: 273
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Stop Suffering From Heartburn - November 27th, 2018
- The Facts About Cholesterol...the Truth May Surprise You! - November 21st, 2018
- Learn the Link Between Diabetes and Growth Hormone - November 20th, 2018
- Did You Know: Sarcopenia is Increasing Among Senior Citizens at a Blistering Pace? - November 20th, 2018
- What is a Nutraceutical? - November 20th, 2018
- Avoid Black Market HGH and Botox -- Marina del Rey Woman Arrested in HGH Case -- Guide - November 19th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Program Protocol Diary - November 19th, 2018
- BHRT Medical Solutions - November 19th, 2018
- How to Age Rapidly or Not: The importance of your Adrenal Glands - November 17th, 2018
- The Curse of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - November 16th, 2018
- Restrict Your Calories 30% and Live 30% Longer! - November 16th, 2018
- Welcome to HRT, HGH and Testosterone Therapy - November 16th, 2018
- All the Different Brands of Human Growth Hormone -- Guide - April 24th, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH) Medical Guide - April 4th, 2018
- Female Blood Panel Work - April 3rd, 2018
- Erectile Dysfunction: The Facts You Need to Know - February 8th, 2018
- Healthy Living Can Add 14 Years to Your Life! - January 25th, 2018
- Weight Loss Through HGH - January 15th, 2018