Video Download: How To Battle Psoriatic Disease With Proper Nutrition
Video Stream: How To Battle Psoriatic Disease With Proper Nutrition
Medical research increasingly points to out-of-control inflammation as a significant factor in both causing and aggravating many diseases, and psoriasis is no exception. But the good news is this – adopting an anti-inflammatory diet may help control symptoms of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
As with all other diseases, there is no “one-size-fits-all” treatment, and the same goes for nutritional approaches as well.
But there is some scientific evidence that making changes to your eating habits can improve your health and reduce your risk of developing associated afflictions like heart disease and diabetes.
Let's take a look at several inflammation fighters...
- Eat more fish. A recent study concluded that merely eating one or two three-ounce servings of fish per week reduces the risk of dying from heart disease by 36%! Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish like salmon, sardines, mackerel, herring, and anchovies can also, as a bonus, ease side effects from medications such as inflammation of the kidneys and liver.
- However keep in mind that some fish can flare up psoriatic and autoimmune diseases, so choose your fish wisely. Do experimentation with different fish, and chart how you feel. You might find that some freshwater fish helps you to feel better than saltwater fish. In some diets eating no animal products at all has shown to produce dramatically good results in calming inflammation. If you can't live without meat, try to stick to just fish for a time to see how it affects your health.
- Supplement with probiotics. Some folks suffering from psoriasis have felt improvement after consuming probiotics. Additionally, a recent study demonstrated that two daily doses of a potent new probiotic called L. reuteri NCIMB 30242 lowered cholesterol-causing molecules in the blood and also lowered both “bad” (LDL) and total cholesterol levels as well.
- Add nut oils. Get in the habit of using olive oil and avocado oil as salad dressings and when sautéing vegetables. Also, flaxseed, evening primrose, borage and black currant seed oil that is taken in capsule form or as raw oils can also help ease inflammation.
- Spices for flavor. Tumeric can lessen the inflammation of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis sufferers. Also, using a wide variety of herbs and spices can help lower salt consumption, which lowers blood pressure and decreases the risk of heart attack and stroke. Additionally, herbs and spices contain a wide array of powerful antioxidants, and consuming a half to one full clove of garlic daily can potentially lower cholesterol.
- Eat a colorful variety of fruits and vegetables. Colorful fresh vegetables and fruits are jammed-packed with vitamins and other nutrients that can slash inflammation. Carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale, broccoli, blueberries, strawberries, mangoes, and figs are all vegetables and fruits that you need to consider adding to your menu. Also try a period where you eat no nightshade vegetables, meaning no peppers, or potato, eggplant and others of this class. Look up nightshades online to get a detailed list.
- Dramatically reduce consumption of sugar. Heavy sugar consumption is loaded with negative consequences: increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and skyrocketing cholesterol levels. If these weren't bad enough, sugar is full of empty, useless calories that pack on the blubber, thus making weight-loss far more challenging.
- Control your alcohol intake. Heavy alcohol drinking is directly correlated to more severe psoriatic disease. And that's not all. Medication recommended for this affliction, such as methotrexate, can increase the risk of liver damage...which is also increased with drinking alcohol.
- Give gluten-free eating a try. A gluten-free diet won't work for everyone. But it may be worth a try. Gluten is a protein found in most grains such as wheat, barley, and rye. It is also added to several processed foods, such as soy sauce, lunch meat, and processed salad dressings. Eliminate or reduce your consumption of these foods, then go from there.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Top 25 Beneficial Foods - April 18th, 2019
- 16 Cancer-Causing Foods to Avoid - March 19th, 2019
- Enjoy That Morning Cup of Coffee GUILT-FREE - February 24th, 2019
- HGH Injections, Brain Exercise and Foods That Help You Improve Mental Focus - February 23rd, 2019
- Magnesium: The “Miracle Mineral” - February 19th, 2019
- Protein Building Block - The Facts You Need To Know - February 18th, 2019
- Sugar Should be Avoided if You're Trying to Optimize Your Hormones, like HGH and Testosterone - February 16th, 2019
- Processed Meat Can Put Your Long Term Health At Risk - February 14th, 2019
- The Many Health Benefits of Beets - February 14th, 2019
- Intermittent Fasting (IF) - Does It Work? - February 13th, 2019
- The Importance of Nutrition - February 6th, 2019
- Stop the Chronic Inflammation Epidemic Dead in its Tracks! - December 26th, 2018
- Sugar Addiction: The UnSweet Truth - December 24th, 2018
- Red Meat: Good or Bad? - November 27th, 2018
- Increase HGH By Restricting Calorie Intake Before Sleeping - November 25th, 2018
- Blood pH Level Is A Key Pointer To Ill Heath - November 25th, 2018
- Organic Foods. Make An Informed Decision. - November 21st, 2018
- Why Weight-Loss Plateau's Happen...and What You Can Do About It - November 19th, 2018
- Why You Should Avoid Eating White Flour Products… - November 17th, 2018
- How to Blast “BAD” LDL Cholesterol Out of Your Blood...with Food! - November 16th, 2018
- The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss - November 16th, 2018
- Longevity and Anti-Aging -- The Use of Flax Seed Oil - November 16th, 2018
- Muscle Loss Can Help Be Prevented With Natural Acid Found In Apples - November 16th, 2018
- Growth Hormone and Fasting: The Fascinating Link - May 16th, 2018
- Healthy Food Choices Has A Surprising Connection With Quality Of Sleep - April 25th, 2018
Word Count: 652