Video Download: Androgel Men Getting Their Mojo Back
Video Stream: Androgel Men Getting Their Mojo Back
ANDROPAUSE: Testosterone is a hormone produced primarily in the testicles.
Men's testosterone levels naturally decline as they age. As this happens, men may only experience a few symptoms from this lower testosterone level that they can attribute to their age.
However, other individuals develop hypogonadism, a disease in which the body is unable to produce reasonable amounts of testosterone due to either a problem with the testicles or the pituitary gland that controls the testicles.
Hypogonadism can cause all the symptoms associated with lower testosterone levels in men younger than would usually be seen.
In the case of hypogonadism, testosterone therapy is suggested to help the individual reach an average level for their age and to improve the symptoms.
A simple blood test can determine if low testosterone is due to natural aging or disease.
It is important to note that some symptoms of low testosterone levels can also be a result of other lifestyle factors such as medication side effects, thyroid problems, depression, and excessive alcohol use. (Source: http://www.mayoclinic.com)
TESTOSTERONE TREATMENTS: Although testosterone levels naturally lower as men age, there is no evidence suggesting that older males need less of the hormone than their younger counterparts.
Some studies even suggest that since androgens induce their own receptors, tissues receiving low amounts of testosterone are less receptive to the effects of the hormone than those more fully supplied.
The testosterone therapies are not praised by everyone. Some physicians avoid treating older men with testosterone for fear that it may promote prostate cancer growth. While prostate cancer growth has not yet been positively linked with testosterone therapy, other complications exist as well.
Other issues include erythrocytosis, possible promulgation of sleep apnea, and a reduction of HDL cholesterol levels. (Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
ANDROGEL: YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
1. What are your thoughts on Androgel? Dr. Power: Androgel is a topical testosterone form that is an alternative to injectable testosterone.
I prefer injectable testosterone because the dosing is more reliable and there is no testosterone transfer to women and children, but Androgel is a possible alternative for testosterone replacement.
2. Who is Androgel for? Dr. Power: Men with low testosterone.
3. What is considered an average testosterone level? (what is the range between healthy levels and unhealthy levels). Dr. Power: The range for "normal" testosterone is extensive: around 250-1200ng/dL (nanograms per deciliter).
Men at the lower end of this range; below 400 or 500, or frequently symptomatic but are typically denied treatment as long as their testosterone level is in the "normal" range.
Some studies have shown an increased risk of heart disease and cancer at levels below 350. Most men feel better and lose weight if levels are raised to the 800-900 range.
4. How is testosterone measured and what are the units used in measuring testosterone? Dr. Power: A blood test is the most accurate way to check testosterone levels. Both total and free testosterone should be monitored.
Word Count: 505
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- The Importance of Luteinizing Hormone - March 3rd, 2019
- A Toxic Hormone Seems to Be Changing the Sex of Fish in U.S. Rivers - February 26th, 2019
- Welcome to HGH and Testosterone Replacement Therapy - February 20th, 2019
- Researchers Ponder Why Estrogen-Only HRT May Reduce Breast Cancer Risk - February 10th, 2019
- Doctors Call For New Guidelines as Study Finds HRT 'is Safe - and Can Protect Heart' - February 10th, 2019
- IGF-1 Treatment - February 8th, 2019
- About IGF-1 Also Known as Somatomedin C - February 8th, 2019
- Human Growth Hormone Options for Administration - February 8th, 2019
- Finally Explained: The Mysterious Pineal Gland - February 2nd, 2019
- HGH Sprays -- Fact, Fiction or Scam? - January 29th, 2019
- Gene Therapy - December 24th, 2018
- The Best Ways to Boost Your Levels of HGH - November 27th, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone Explained - November 27th, 2018
- Melatonin: The Body's Master Clock - November 27th, 2018
- Esquire: Hormone Replacement Therapy For Men: A Review - November 21st, 2018
- Behavioral Therapy May Help Hot Flashes - November 21st, 2018
- Heart Benefits From Hormone Replacement Therapy? - November 21st, 2018
- New Research on Hormone Replacement Therapy - November 21st, 2018
- Risks of Hormones in Early Menopause Challenged - November 21st, 2018
- How to Keep Your Human Growth Hormone Treatments Legal - November 19th, 2018
- Hormone Therapy May Help Cut Alzheimer's Risk - November 19th, 2018
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Safe, Study Suggests - November 19th, 2018
- Toxins Could Explain Pneumonia Damage While a Hormone Could be the Cure, Researchers Say - November 19th, 2018
- HGH Secretagogue - November 17th, 2018
- Injectable HGH Therapy Manual and Wiki Guide - November 17th, 2018
- The HGH Recommended Medical Dosage - The Importance of Blood Work - November 16th, 2018
- Early HRT 'May Cut Alzheimer Risk' - April 6th, 2018
- The Miracle of the Human Growth Hormone Secretagogue Sermorelin - January 30th, 2018
- What You Need to Know About the Hypothalamus Gland - January 30th, 2018