Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Braves top prospect Jordan Schafer spoke for the first time Tuesday about his 50-game suspension for the use of human growth hormone (HGH) . There's a lot the center fielder has been advised not to say."It's not what it seems," Schafer told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in an exclusive interview at the team's spring training complex. "It's different, but I really can't comment. I have to just let people think (what they will) and move on, and people will see by the way I play when I come back it was nothing like that. I'm the same player I've always been. It has nothing to do with any of that."
Not only is public perception Schafer's enemy, but so is the fact that he rose from No. 27 to No. 1 in Baseball America's Braves prospect rankings after one standout minor-league season. Schafer, 21, led the minors with 176 hits in 2007 one year after hitting .240 in Rome.
In 136 games at Class A Rome and high-A Myrtle Beach, he batted .312 with 74 extra-base hits."I know I have that label right now and people have a lot of questions about me, but hopefully by the way they see I come back and play that it's an unfair label," Schafer said. When asked if he used HGH, Schafer said: "I can't comment."
He also wouldn't indicate whether he was appealing the suspension or pursuing legal action."It might come out one day but as far as right now, it sucks, but I'm stuck in a spot where I have to say no comment and move on," Schafer said. But if the truth works in his favor, why not reveal it? "It's a lot more complicated than people think," he said.
Schafer was projected as a possible starter for the Braves in center field in 2009. He was sent to Class AA Mississippi with the idea that if Mark Kotsay got hurt, he could be in the major-league mix this year. But five games into the AA season came the suspension, a result from baseball's new investigative department. And losing nearly one-third of the season could rearrange that timetable."It's a big loss," Schafer said. "... but I'm in a position where I'm stuck with this now. I really just have to try to maintain and try to get better, try to move on."
While the Mississippi Braves are off to a 6-19 start, Schafer is playing extended spring training games with young and rehabbing players. He's living at home with his parents in nearby Haines City, Fla.
Schafer said the most difficult time during 20 games he's served so far was going to that first game after the suspension and watching from the press box."I feel like I let down my teammates, and I let down the organization," Schafer said. "I don't want the organization to get the wrong impression of me and say 'Well he's a bad kid now, we don't want him' or 'Trade him.' I want to play my whole career in Atlanta. The organization has been great to me. I want people to think the same of me."
During his first big league camp this spring, Schafer became known for his swagger. He drives a Hummer, has a Nike contract, and walks with his chest out. But now, looking back, some of that swagger might have been a defense mechanism. The investigation started during spring training, including the questioning of teammates." Truthfully I don't know how I had as good a spring training as I had with that in the back of my mind," said Schafer, who hit .316. "... At some point, it's kind of nice to get it over with, because now I can go back and just play. But at the same time I know when I go to visiting parks, I'm going to get harassed."Schafer keeps three calendars one in the car, one in the bathroom, one in the kitchen at his parents' home.
He checks off the days until May 31, when he can return."I know what kind of player I am," Schafer said. "I know my work ethic, how my workouts are in the offseason. I know the truth. But if I go out and I'm 2-for-20, people are going to go 'See, it was that.' I know what I'm going to go through. I'm mentally prepared for that. I just have to go out and take care of business. If I go out and play well, it'll all go away."
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Do HGH Booster Supplements Work Faster Than Prescriptions? - June 3rd, 2023 [June 3rd, 2023]
- Mountain Biker Thought his Life Was Over - May 25th, 2023 [May 25th, 2023]
- Can Head Injuries Cause HGH Deficiency? - May 17th, 2023 [May 17th, 2023]
- Get Tested for Hormone Levels, even if You Have No Symptoms - April 7th, 2023 [March 17th, 2023]
- Nine Hormones that Can Impact Your Weight and How to Promote Hormone Balance - April 7th, 2023 [January 26th, 2023]
- The Evolution of Testosterone Replacement Therapy for men with Prostate Cancer - January 17th, 2023 [January 12th, 2023]
- HGH Therapy – How Can I Know Who Is Legitimate? - April 7th, 2023 [January 10th, 2023]
- A new study confirms: Testosterone Replacement Therapy is safe! - April 7th, 2023 [October 2nd, 2022]
- Can I Reverse the Aging Process with HGH? - September 21st, 2022 [September 21st, 2022]
- Low testosterone in men might increase the risk of severe COVID - April 7th, 2023 [September 6th, 2022]
- HGH Is the “God Particle” - July 31st, 2022 [July 26th, 2022]
- Testimonial: Walter’s HGH Story - July 9th, 2022 [June 4th, 2022]
- Side Effects Of HGH - April 20th, 2023 [March 21st, 2022]
- HGH Scams (HGH Supplements) - October 5th, 2022 [March 20th, 2022]
- Hgh Product Serostim - April 16th, 2023 [March 11th, 2022]
- Saizen Hgh: Injectable Hgh Product - April 16th, 2023 [March 9th, 2022]
- Nutropin Hgh Detailed Description - March 8th, 2022 [March 8th, 2022]
- Omnitrope Hgh: Human Growth Hormone Product Called Omnitrope. - March 18th, 2022 [March 7th, 2022]
- Genotropin HGH: Human Growth Hormone Product - April 16th, 2023 [March 6th, 2022]
- Saizen Hgh Detailed Description - March 15th, 2022 [March 6th, 2022]
- Genotropin Hgh Detailed Description - March 15th, 2022 [March 4th, 2022]
- Nordiflex HGH Injection Device Information - March 3rd, 2022 [March 3rd, 2022]
- Hgh Scams: Different Hgh Scams And Things To Watch For Online - April 16th, 2023 [March 2nd, 2022]
- Us Olympic Committee And Talk Of Hgh - February 28th, 2022 [February 28th, 2022]
- Hgh Sports And Baseball - April 16th, 2023 [February 27th, 2022]
- Hgh Facts - Information About Growth Hormone - April 16th, 2023 [February 26th, 2022]
- Related Glossary of Terms - February 26th, 2022 [February 25th, 2022]
- Your HGH Levels - February 24th, 2022 [February 24th, 2022]
- Hgh For Menopause - February 23rd, 2022 [February 23rd, 2022]
- Buying Hgh Hormone Human Growth Hormone - April 16th, 2023 [February 22nd, 2022]
- Sleep To Amplify Human Growth Hormone Levels - April 7th, 2023 [May 27th, 2021]
- Omnitrope Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - April 7th, 2023 [May 6th, 2021]
- Introduction To Hgh Growth Hormone Hgh - February 24th, 2022 [May 10th, 2020]
- What Is Injectable Hgh Human Growth Hormone? - January 7th, 2022 [May 9th, 2020]
- Hgh Products Genotropin Humantrope Nutropin Saizen Serostim Omnitrope - November 25th, 2021 [May 8th, 2020]
- Hgh Deficiency - January 7th, 2022 [May 6th, 2020]
- Hgh Dosage - January 4th, 2022 [May 5th, 2020]
- What dietary considerations should I make while on HRT, hormone replacement therapy? - April 15th, 2023 [May 1st, 2020]
- Hgh Releasers - December 12th, 2021 [April 26th, 2020]
- Getting Started With An Hgh Program - December 5th, 2021 [April 25th, 2020]
- Benefits Of Hgh: Thierry Hertoghe - December 5th, 2021 [April 23rd, 2020]
- Hgh In Forefront To Remain Young - January 15th, 2022 [March 18th, 2020]
- Anti-ageing Clinics Distribute Human Growth Hormone - March 16th, 2022 [March 16th, 2020]
- Hgh Therapy - March 15th, 2022 [March 15th, 2020]
- Hgh Replacement - April 16th, 2023 [March 14th, 2020]
- Nutropin Hgh: Hgh Hormone Product - April 16th, 2023 [March 10th, 2020]
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - April 7th, 2023 [March 3rd, 2019]