Video Link: https://vimeo.com/286249068
Video Download: The Surprising Connection Between Sleep And Healthy Food Choices
Video Stream: The Surprising Connection Between Sleep And Healthy Food Choices
In addition to the many well-known benefits of deep, restorative sleep, here is something else to consider: research shows that people who regularly get enough sleep have healthier body weights than those who don't.
Whether that is because sleep keeps weight in check by releasing growth hormone, or that people with lighter body weights may sleep more soundly, or some other reason, the facts remain unchanged: adequate levels of sleep help you make better food selections.
Researcher Hassan Dashti found a link between sleeping and the food choices people make that may explain it.
For a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, he looked at nearly 15,000 people from several countries and compared how much sleep they usually get each night to the fat, protein, and carbohydrates in their diets.
He found that younger adults who reported sleeping more tended to eat less saturated fat than their sleep-deprived peers. Older women who slept more reported eating fewer carbohydrates and more polyunsaturated fat.
"Our results suggest that the connection between sleep and weight may be partly due to food choices," Dashti said. "The results consistently suggest that better-rested adults tend to have healthier intakes, particularly related to fat intake, than those sleeping fewer hours."
Working in the Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory at the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts, Dashti also looked at mutations in a gene called CLOCK (Circadian Locomotor Output Cycles Kaput), which affects circadian rhythms, helps control appetite, and has been associated with body weight.
While the results weren't statistically significant, he did find some evidence suggesting that for people with a certain CLOCK mutation, getting regular sleep could alter a genetic predisposition to obesity.
"Achieving sufficient sleep may improve their diets, and by doing so, potentially reduce their risk of becoming obese," Dashti said.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Injectable Growth Hormone Shots for Weight Loss: What's More Important for Dieting? Exercise, Healthy Eating or Sleep? - August 25th, 2021
- Longevity and Anti-Aging -- The Use of Flax Seed Oil - August 17th, 2021
- Enjoy That Morning Cup of Coffee GUILT-FREE - August 17th, 2021
- 16 Cancer-Causing Foods to Avoid - August 12th, 2021
- All Praise to the Spud -- the Delicious, Health-Giving Potato, That Is - June 1st, 2021
- Leafy Greens are Medicine for Your Gut - April 23rd, 2021
- Health Reasons for a Vegan Diet - April 2nd, 2021
- Cinnamon Study Shows Blood Sugar Benefits for Pre-Diabetics - February 25th, 2021
- How to Battle Psoriatic Disease with Proper Nutrition - February 24th, 2021
- Growth Hormone and Fasting: The Fascinating Link - February 21st, 2021
- The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss - February 20th, 2021
- How to Blast “BAD” LDL Cholesterol Out of Your Blood...with Food! - February 19th, 2021
- The Many Health Benefits of Beets / Remolacha - February 18th, 2021
- Why You Should Avoid Eating White Flour Products… - February 17th, 2021
- Top 25 Beneficial Foods - February 16th, 2021
- Why Weight-Loss Plateau's Happen...and What You Can Do About It - February 16th, 2021
- Organic Foods. Make An Informed Decision. - February 15th, 2021
- Blood pH Level Is A Key Pointer To Ill Heath - February 14th, 2021
- Muscle Loss Can Help Be Prevented With Natural Acid Found In Apples - February 13th, 2021
- Increase HGH By Restricting Calorie Intake Before Sleeping - February 12th, 2021
- Red Meat: Good or Bad? - February 11th, 2021
- Sugar Addiction: The UnSweet Truth - February 10th, 2021
- Stop the Chronic Inflammation Epidemic Dead in its Tracks! - February 8th, 2021
- The Importance of Nutrition - February 7th, 2021
- Intermittent Fasting (IF) - Does It Work? - February 6th, 2021
- Processed Meat Can Put Your Long Term Health At Risk - February 5th, 2021
- Sugar Should be Avoided if You're Trying to Optimize Your Hormones, like HGH and Testosterone - February 3rd, 2021
- Protein Building Block - The Facts You Need To Know - February 2nd, 2021
- HGH Injections, Brain Exercise and Foods That Help You Improve Mental Focus - January 30th, 2021
- The Importance of Calcium for Health and Wellness - January 26th, 2021
- Magnesium: The “Miracle Mineral” - January 24th, 2021
- What to eat to boost testosterone - December 14th, 2020
- The Health and Hormone Balancing Qualities of Broccoli - August 27th, 2020
- Covid-19 Risk Linked to Obesity Risk And Associated High Leptin Levels - August 21st, 2020
Word Count: 313