The Quest for the Secret of Longevity
Our clinic's primary business is Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Our treatments include Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), Human Growth Hormone (HGH) Replacement Therapy, Sermorelin Therapy, and several other types of hormone therapies designed to restore healthy hormone levels to our clients.
The loss of hormones as we age is undoubtedly one of the foremost causes of aging. But aging is a complicated puzzle. Currently, there are several studies being conducted to determine precisely what causes aging and what can be done about it. Our clinic stays on the cutting edge of contemporary research, and here is an update on a recent quest for the secret of longevity.
From Ponce de Leon’s futile search for the fountain of youth to alchemists attempting to create elixirs of life and Silicon Valley billionaires pouring huge amounts of cash into longevity research, humans have always been obsessed with an extended lifespan. While life expectancy has been on the rise in the past century, we still haven’t cracked the code of aging, and what can be done to slow it down, stop it completely, and then reverse it.
But that might be about to change.
The American Federation of Aging Research (AFAR) has launched a massive study into some of the world’s oldest people to find exactly how they keep going. The project, named the Super Agers Initiative, plans to collect DNA via saliva samples from 10,000 participants in the U.S. aged 95 years old or older, as well as their detailed health history information and that of their children. When finished, it would be the most significant, comprehensive longevity study in history.
The aim of the research is to uncover the volunteer's genetic data to determine if there is a genetic reason for their longevity and continued ability to stay healthy, both physically and mentally, well into their 80s, 90s, and even their 100s.
“The ultimate goal is to expand the number of super-agers in research,” stated Sofiya Milman, lead investigator of the study and director of human longevity studies at Einstein’s Institute for Aging Research in New York, “We really need a large cohort of super-agers if we’re going to unravel the genetic contributions to exceptional longevity.”
In addition to their DNA, participants will also provide detailed information about their personal and family health history, including disease, activity levels, and any prescriptions they take or have taken. This data will be fed into a biobank, which Milman said future researchers could use for their own research.
Milman noted that only one in 6,000 people in the U.S. are 95 years old or older. This makes an ideal marker for people with unusual longevity who are also alive and can participate in the study. The researchers are hopeful that by examining that specific age group, they might pinpoint particular biomarkers that allow them to live so long.
Specifically, Milman believes that a genetic marker linked with the growth hormone pathway, which controls the body's metabolism and growth, could be responsible for extended longevity.
“Multiple studies over decades have shown that if organisms have reductions in the signal through the growth hormone pathway—so they either have less growth hormones or less growth hormone signaling—they demonstrate extensions in lifespan,” Milman explained.
This could then lead to the development of therapeutics that help the rest of us live long lives too. For example, we could have a drug that reduces the signals that go through the growth hormone pathway, allowing those of us born without the genetic marker to live long.
Past research has suggested that specific genetic biomarkers can indicate whether or not a person lives a long life. One Boston University study concluded that only 150 biomarkers could determine whether or not a person lives to the age of 100 (barring accidents). Another 2021 study published in the journal Nature estimated that humans could live an incredible 150 years under the right conditions.
Now, with this SuperAgers study, scientists could uncover even more about how and why certain people live exceptionally long lives – and how the rest of us could also benefit.
Contact us for a FREE, no-obligation discussion concerning the incredible benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)!
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Is it possible to live to 180? Perhaps! - November 29th, 2022
- Jeff Bezos Wants to Stop Aging! - November 24th, 2022
- Matching Sex Drives Are Important to a Healthy Relationship - November 23rd, 2022
- Minoxidil: A potential cure for baldness? - November 16th, 2022
- A former Mr. Olympia speaks about testosterone - November 8th, 2022
- MOTS-c Peptide for Weight Loss and Muscle Building - November 7th, 2022
- A new study reveals that Testosterone improves body composition in men with low testosterone! - October 17th, 2022
- Phoenix Testosterone and HGH - October 14th, 2022
- Toxic Chemicals are Killing your testosterone…And your Manhood! - October 10th, 2022
- Testosterone May Help You Keep Your Job (Or Find Another) - October 4th, 2022
- A new study confirms: Testosterone Replacement Therapy is safe! - October 2nd, 2022
- San Diego Testosterone and HGH - September 23rd, 2022
- San Antonio Testosterone and HGH - September 16th, 2022
- Philadelphia Testosterone and HGH - September 9th, 2022
- Improving Memory for Diabetics with Testosterone - September 8th, 2022
- Low testosterone in men might increase the risk of severe COVID - September 6th, 2022
- Houston Testosterone and HGH - August 17th, 2022
- Chicago Testosterone and HGH - August 9th, 2022
- Los Angeles Testosterone and Growth Hormone - August 4th, 2022
- Testosterone and Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields (PEMFs) - August 2nd, 2022
- The link between water, HGH, and Testosterone - July 28th, 2022
- New York City Testosterone and HGH - July 27th, 2022
- HGH, Nutrition, Fasting, and Stem Cells…The Fascinating Links! - July 20th, 2022
- How to Boost Testosterone with Food - July 11th, 2022
- Thinking about Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)? - July 5th, 2022
- You Don’t Need Permission to See a Specialist - June 28th, 2022
- Interested in boosting your testosterone levels? Here’s How! - June 22nd, 2022
- Wyoming Testosterone and HGH - May 25th, 2022
- West Virginia HGH Clinics - May 6th, 2022
- Pot Bellies Are Bad for Your Health - Hormone Balance for Men - February 16th, 2022
- Washington, D.C. HGH Clinics - January 18th, 2022
- Zomacton Injections for Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - January 5th, 2022
- Chronic Stress Can Lead to Hair Loss — New Research Reveals How - January 5th, 2022
- Light Therapy: The Incredible Benefits of Red Light Therapy - January 3rd, 2022
- Vermont HGH Clinics - December 27th, 2021
- Utah HGH Clinics - December 17th, 2021
- Finally! A safe, effective oral testosterone pill: Jatenzo! - December 13th, 2021
- South Dakota HGH Clinics - December 9th, 2021
- Rhode Island HGH Clinics - December 3rd, 2021
- North Dakota HGH Clinics - November 26th, 2021
- Testosterone and Food: What you eat can boost your testosterone levels! - November 21st, 2021
- New Mexico HGH Clinics - November 17th, 2021
- Growth Hormone and DHEA - November 14th, 2021
- New Hampshire HGH Clinics - November 11th, 2021
- Testosterone and Liver Health - November 5th, 2021
- Nevada HGH Clinics - November 3rd, 2021
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin, and Memory - October 15th, 2021
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin and Leptin - October 15th, 2021
- Nebraska HGH Clinics - October 6th, 2021
- Essential Amino Acids Critical to Health and Hormone Balance - October 6th, 2021
- Montana HGH Clinics - October 1st, 2021
- Boost testosterone by eating more fat! - September 28th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: The secret weapon for controlling Erectile Dysfunction and Sleep Apnea - September 23rd, 2021
- Celebrity Dax Shepard Takes Pride in Results from Testosterone Therapy - September 9th, 2021
- Ipamorelin Acetate – Boosting HGH with Peptides - August 10th, 2021
- Kansas HGH Clinics - August 5th, 2021
- Tesamorelin: the answer to losing those stubborn pounds of fat! - August 2nd, 2021
- Maine HGH Clinics - July 28th, 2021
- What Happens When I Get Growth Hormone Injections? - July 26th, 2021
- Recent Research Concludes: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Lowers Heart Attack Risk - July 21st, 2021
- The Fascinating link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - July 16th, 2021
- Hawaii HGH Clinics - July 14th, 2021
- Delaware HGH Clinics - July 8th, 2021
- The Incredible Longevity benefits of Quercetin - July 6th, 2021
- The Incredible, Health-Boosting Benefits of Mushrooms - June 30th, 2021
- Arkansas HGH Clinics - June 28th, 2021
- Recognizing the Signs of Hormone Imbalance in Men - June 25th, 2021
- Alaska HGH Clinics - June 22nd, 2021
- The benefits of Berberine - June 13th, 2021
- The incredible, awesome health benefits of Onions - June 7th, 2021
- Using Sleep to Amplify Human Growth Hormone - May 27th, 2021
- Melatonin – The Importance of the Sleep Hormone - May 13th, 2021
- Omnitrope Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - May 6th, 2021
- The Medical Perspective on Inflammation Myths - April 29th, 2021
- Are you feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic? - April 26th, 2021
- Norditropin Human Growth Hormone Therapy for HGH Deficiency - April 6th, 2021
- Eat Better to Overcome Stress and Control Blood Sugar - April 1st, 2021
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Reduce Male Fertility and Impair Semen Quality - March 22nd, 2021
- Thyroid Dysfunction Wreaks Havoc on Health and Metabolism - March 15th, 2021
- Physical Activity for Protection against Hormone Imbalance and Chronic Diseases - March 11th, 2021