Restrict Your Calories and Add Years to Your Life
Are There Any Shortcuts to a Long Life?
Some people like Meredith Averill, 61, and her husband, Paul McGlothin, 60, believe they may have the answers and they're putting themselves to the test in their quest for longevity.
The couple has been practicing calorie restriction for the last 14 years.
Calorie restriction is the only proven way to extend life to animals and, now, studies are getting started in humans.
Averill and McGlothin are the subjects of one such study.
Video Download: Restrict Your Calories 30 And Live 30 Longer
Video Stream: Restrict Your Calories 30 And Live 30 Longer
They are calorie restrictors, eating only specific amounts of foods that are high in nutrition but low in calories -- foods like vegetables, fruits, and beans.
At almost every meal, they weigh their food and keep detailed records on their laptop of the nutrition and calories they are consuming.
Averill eats about 1,500 calories and McGlothin about 1,900 -- that's about 30 percent less than what the average American consumes.
"In almost every animal species, it has increased life significantly," said Robert N.Butler, a gerontologist, and president of the International Center for Longevity. "If you reduce by about 30 percent, you get 30 additional percent of life."
Averill and McGlothin claim the benefits of calorie restriction are astounding. They share their healthy diet and lifestyle tips as co-authors of a new book, "The CR Way " (Harper Collins).
"My heart and blood vessels are like a person many decades younger," Averill said.
McGlothin said, "Doing calorie restriction, in the way that we do, is like night and day regarding being able to function. I'm 60 years old. I have 20/20 vision. On IQ tests I've improved 30 percent over the last 14 years, it's usually just the opposite."
Some people are taking a different approach to their search for longevity.
Dr. Terry Grossman runs the Grossman Wellness Center in Denver. He says you need a long-term systematic plan that includes strength training, a healthy diet, and meditation.
With an emphasis on prevention, he starts with a comprehensive medical exam lasting two full days.
"We run a battery of tests over a few days, and we'll find that people have certain genetic predispositions to diseases or they have certain conditions or family history of illness," Grossman said.
"So we'll use some supplements or medications that are specifically designed to prevent or treat those [ailments]."
Ray Kurzweil, a 60-year-old scientist, and award-winning inventor teamed up with Grossman to write a book on the future of aging called "The Fantastic Voyage."
They believe that in addition to a healthy lifestyle, a personalized plan of aggressive supplementation helps to slow the aging process.
Kurzweil, the winner of the National Medal of Technology and other prestigious science awards, said, "I'm taking, you know, 150 different substances, each of which has a lot of scientific evidence behind it. I have the hormonal levels and the nutrient standards of a 40-year-old. If I weren't doing this, that would not be the case. And I confirm this with blood tests every few months, based on how I feel and my productivity, so I'm not flying without an instrument panel."
So what is exactly he is taking Some are familiar, such as essential vitamins and minerals, and not so familiar such as phosphatidylcholine.
Kurzweil says that phosphatidylcholine reverses the aging of the cell membrane.
But other experts such as professor Jay Olshansky of the Chicago School of Public Health thinks most supplements are a waste of time and money. He notes that for the vast majority of the people who are taking nutritional supplements," all they have is very, very expensive urine, and that's it."
Most experts, however, seem to agree that everyone should exercise, eat less, and lower their stress levels. And, as for the value of caloric restriction and supplementation to extend life, it will be years before we know for sure.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Healthy Living Can Add 14 Years to Your Life! - October 19th, 2020
- Female Blood Panel Work - October 18th, 2020
- Welcome to HRT, HGH and Testosterone Therapy - October 15th, 2020
- The Pituitary Gland - October 12th, 2020
- The Curse of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - October 11th, 2020
- The Facts About Depression - October 10th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Program Protocol Diary - October 9th, 2020
- Avoid Black Market HGH and Botox -- Marina del Rey Woman Arrested in HGH Case -- Guide - October 8th, 2020
- What is a Nutraceutical? - October 6th, 2020
- Did You Know: Sarcopenia is Increasing Among Senior Citizens at a Blistering Pace? - October 5th, 2020
- Learn the Link Between Diabetes and Growth Hormone - October 3rd, 2020
- BHRT Medical Solutions - October 1st, 2020
- How to Age Rapidly or Not: The importance of your Adrenal Glands - September 30th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Affects a Third of Young Men with Type 2 Diabetes - September 29th, 2020
- The Relationship Between Sleep and Growth Hormone - September 28th, 2020
- How Do I Get Started With HGH Treatment? - September 26th, 2020
- Weight Loss Through HGH - September 24th, 2020
- Erectile Dysfunction: The Facts You Need to Know - September 23rd, 2020
- HGH FAQ's - September 22nd, 2020
- All the Different Brands of Human Growth Hormone -- Guide - September 21st, 2020
- The Facts About Cholesterol...the Truth May Surprise You! - September 20th, 2020
- A Major Breakthrough in Anti-Aging Science is now Reality! - September 19th, 2020
- Stop Suffering From Heartburn - October 2nd, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone Medical Guide For "Dummies" - April 4th, 2018
Word Count: 655