Stop and think about the last time you felt when you held someone. That relaxing rush that you get from being close to a significant other is the result of a hormone called Oxytocin. As you can easily understand, Oxytocin is also known as the Love Hormone. The feeling that Oxytocin encourages isn't necessarily sexual, but it promotes social bonding.
Because Oxytocin is a hormone that encourages sociality, it's not surprising that exposure to Oxytocin encourages an individual to produce more of the Love Hormone themselves. The body reacts to exposure to other hormones differently. Exogenous Testosterone or HGH exposure, unlike Oxytocin, suppresses the body's natural hormone production.
A study conducted at the Belgian Catholic University of Leuven sought to investigate the effects of sustained exposure to Oxytocin via nasal spray. Specifically, researchers wanted to know how Oxytocin exposure affected individuals with Autism. This researched was printed in a recent edition of European Neuropsychopharmacology. Even one month after the initial exposure to Oxytocin, participants still displayed higher levels of the Hormone via saliva sample.
Exploring the Effects of Oxytocin on the Autistic
Previous research conducted by the same team had shown that Oxytocin exposure influenced the way that individuals with Autism responded to the world. By measuring the sustained increase in Oxytocin Levels over time, the researchers pinpointed that higher Oxytocin Levels in the person's bloodstream encouraged differing behavior.
This new study was conducted with the help of forty participants—all adult males on the Autism Spectrum. Each person provided a Saliva Sample to establish baseline Oxytocin Levels. After the baseline was taken, experimental patients were treated with daily doses of Oxytocin via nasal spray. Control patients received a dose of placebo. After a month of treatment, participants gave two more saliva samples after 24 hours and four weeks.
Benefits of Oxytocin for Autistic Patients
Oxytocin is a powerful social motivator. Exposure to Oxytocin causes us to produce more ourselves. Sustained Oxytocin exposure creates a beneficial spiral that has a positive impact on psychology and mood. Among the patients in this study, Oxytocin Levels remained elevated even a month after their last nasal dose. Lead researcher Professor Kaat Alaerts explains that this increase in Oxytocin Levels was naturally produced and not due to previous inoculations.
The professor further elucidates that the medical administration of Oxytocin helped Autistic individuals engage in more social behaviors. This increase in social interaction naturally boosts Oxytocin, allowing for an overall increase in positive attitude and social expression.
While Oxytocin is not currently used as a medical treatment for attachment issues and social problems, studies like this are the first step in weaponizing Oxytocin for such patients. This study is preliminary and justifies further, larger studies regarding the beneficial effects of Oxytocin, not only for patients on the Autism spectrum but across the board.
Follow-Up Oxytocin/Autism Research Currently Under Way
The goal of Professor Alaerts' next study (which has already begun) is to investigate how Oxytocin treatments impact the lives of Autistic children aged 8-12. The researchers are confident that Oxytocin has strong potential as a medical remedy that can improve the lives of patients with Autism and their families.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Melatonin – The Importance of the Sleep Hormone - May 13th, 2021
- Omnitrope Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - May 6th, 2021
- The Medical Perspective on Inflammation Myths - April 29th, 2021
- Are you feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic? - April 26th, 2021
- Chronic Stress Can Lead to Hair Loss — New Research Reveals How - April 14th, 2021
- Norditropin Human Growth Hormone Therapy for HGH Deficiency - April 6th, 2021
- Eat Better to Overcome Stress and Control Blood Sugar - April 1st, 2021
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Reduce Male Fertility and Impair Semen Quality - March 22nd, 2021
- Thyroid Dysfunction Wreaks Havoc on Health and Metabolism - March 15th, 2021
- Physical Activity for Protection against Hormone Imbalance and Chronic Diseases - March 11th, 2021
- The Effects of Phthalate Exposure on Childhood Neurological Development - March 1st, 2021
- How to Prevent Sarcopenia (Muscle Loss) Caused by Aging - February 22nd, 2021
- Do Seasonal Changes Affect Hormone Balance? - February 9th, 2021
- Georgia HGH Clinics - February 5th, 2021
- Mississippi HGH Clinics - January 31st, 2021
- Iowa HGH Clinics - January 24th, 2021
- Can Musicians Teach Us to Overcome Fatigue? - January 18th, 2021
- Oregon HGH Clinics - January 12th, 2021
- Are You Suffering From Fatty Liver Disease? - January 12th, 2021
- Connecticut HGH Clinics - January 5th, 2021
- Did you know Saunas may increase growth hormone? - December 26th, 2020
- Oklahoma HGH Clinics - December 8th, 2020
- Alabama HGH Clinics - December 1st, 2020
- Wisconsin HGH Clinics - December 1st, 2020
- Boosting HGH Levels Naturally Without a Prescription - November 18th, 2020
- Louisiana HGH Clinics - November 6th, 2020
- Andropause is not the same as menopause… - November 3rd, 2020
- South Carolina HGH Clinics - October 29th, 2020
- Minnesota HGH Clinics - October 21st, 2020
- Sogroya (somapacitan) Prescription HGH Treatments FDA-Approved - October 19th, 2020
- The link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - October 7th, 2020
- Rapamycin - September 27th, 2020
- A new study finds a link between Ghrelin, Sarcopenia, and Growth Hormone - September 18th, 2020
- Maryland HGH Clinics - September 9th, 2020
- Mark Cuban Endorses the Use of HGH in the NBA for Injury Recovery Purposes - September 5th, 2020
- Soy: Does it Lower Testosterone? - August 30th, 2020
- Missouri HGH Clinics - August 24th, 2020
- Indiana HGH Clinics - August 13th, 2020
- Covid-19 Dangers Worsened By Stress and Cortisol - August 13th, 2020
- Michigan HGH Clinics - August 12th, 2020
- Growth Hormone Plays a Role in Controlling Blood Sugar - August 8th, 2020
- Tennessee HGH Clinics - August 3rd, 2020
- Massachusetts HGH Clinics - July 21st, 2020
- Washington HGH Clinics - July 9th, 2020
- Virginia HGH Clinics - June 24th, 2020
- New Jersey HGH Clinics - June 1st, 2020
- Montana HGH Clinics - May 19th, 2020
- North Carolina HGH Clinics - May 10th, 2020
- Did you know: Lifestyle plays a huge role in testosterone levels - January 9th, 2020
- Ghrelin and Leptin – The Hunger Hormones and How they Affect Your Life - January 9th, 2020
- Ghrelin, Hunger, and Memory - January 9th, 2020
- Kentucky HGH Clinics - January 9th, 2020
- Ohio HGH Clinics - October 17th, 2019
- Texas HGH Clinics - September 12th, 2019
- Florida HGH Clinics - August 29th, 2019
- Colorado HGH Clinics - August 2nd, 2019
- Arizona HGH Clinics - July 29th, 2019
- Pennsylvania HGH Clinics - July 22nd, 2019
- Illinois HGH Clinics - July 2nd, 2019
- New York HGH Clinics - May 4th, 2019
- California HGH Clinics - April 28th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Birmingham, Alabama - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Huntsville, Alabama - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Mobile, Alabama - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Montgomery, Alabama - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Anchorage, Alaska - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Chandler, Arizona - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Gilbert, Arizona - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Glendale, Arizona - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Mesa, Arizona - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Peoria, Arizona - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Phoenix, Arizona - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Scottsdale, Arizona - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Tempe, Arizona - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Tucson, Arizona - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Little Rock, Arkansas - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Anaheim, California - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Antioch, California - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Bakersfield, California - March 4th, 2019
- Injectable HGH Prescriptions In Berkeley, California - March 4th, 2019
Word Count: 535