Video Link: https://vimeo.com/286855058
Video Download: Menopause Drugs Study Stokes New Debate Over Cancer Risk
Video Stream: Menopause Drugs Study Stokes New Debate Over Cancer Risk
Women who start hormone replacement therapy (HRT) soon after menopause do not show higher cancer incidence within 16 years, according to a Danish study published on Tuesday that fuels scientific discord over the treatment's safety.
Indeed, women who took HRT in the investigation had a significantly lower risk of dying or developing heart problems, the researchers wrote in a paper published on the medical website bmj.com.
The new study was hailed by a menopause awareness group, but a researcher who led a wider probe into HRT said it was worryingly underpowered.
HRT has been shrouded in controversy since a Women's Health Initiative (WHI) study in 2002 reported a higher risk of breast cancer for women who take it, a finding echoed by the Million Women Study (MWS) a year later.
"We found a significantly decreased risk of... death, heart failure or myocardial infarction (heart attack) when hormone replacement therapy was started early in postmenopause," wrote the Danish team.
"(...) (T)his finding was not associated with an increased risk of cancer, stroke, deep vein thrombosis, or pulmonary embolism." The MWS stirred up a storm when it claimed HRT boosted cancer risk by between 30 and 100 percent, a finding criticized by other scientists who claimed the study method was flawed.
HRT uses the female hormones estrogen or progestogen, sometimes combined, to ease menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, loss of sex drive, and vaginal dryness. The new study looked at 1,006 recently postmenopausal women, of whom 502 were given HRT and 504 no treatment.
Apart from the HRT group being 5.7 months older, there were no other significant differences between the groups in things like weight, health, or smoking habits.
Study stokes new debate over cancer risk
Hormone therapy 'not a cancer risk', new study finds
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Researchers Investigate Declining Sperm Counts, Find Chemicals Rampant - June 24th, 2022 [June 14th, 2022]
- Testosterone, Statins, and Prostate Cancer - November 9th, 2021 [October 19th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and Smoking - November 9th, 2021 [October 14th, 2021]
- Testosterone and Women - November 9th, 2021 [October 13th, 2021]
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Menopause - November 9th, 2021 [October 13th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone, Exercise, and Osteoporosis: The Facts! - November 9th, 2021 [October 13th, 2021]
- Hormone Replacement Therapy, Menopause, and Cancer - November 9th, 2021 [October 13th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone, Foods, and Supplements for Healthy Skin - March 15th, 2022 [October 13th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and Lifestyle = An Extended Lifespan - November 9th, 2021 [October 13th, 2021]
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Aerobics May Ease Menopause Symptoms - November 9th, 2021 [October 13th, 2021]
- The Link Between Testosterone and Tylenol - November 9th, 2021 [October 12th, 2021]
- Low Testosterone and Hypogonadism: The Difference - March 16th, 2022 [October 12th, 2021]
- Growth hormone = More Sleep = Better Sex! - November 9th, 2021 [October 11th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone Battles Osteoporosis - November 9th, 2021 [October 11th, 2021]
- HGH Male Blood Panel - October 28th, 2021 [September 28th, 2021]
- Hormone Therapy May Benefit Some Women's Hearts - November 9th, 2021 [August 18th, 2021]
- Enjoy a Few Drinks Weekly? Beware: This May Be a Link to Low Sperm Counts and Quality - November 9th, 2021 [August 16th, 2021]
- Fast Facts About DHEA: What You Need to Know About This Natural Steroid - April 15th, 2023 [March 4th, 2021]
- Everything You Need to Know About Clomiphene - November 9th, 2021 [December 20th, 2020]
- Study Examines Link Between Growth Hormones and Osteoporosis - November 9th, 2021 [December 17th, 2020]
- The Importance of Hormonal Balance for Menopause - November 9th, 2021 [December 14th, 2020]
- L-Arginine: The Key to Both Heart Health and Sexual Health - November 9th, 2021 [December 4th, 2020]
- Testosterone and Fatherhood - November 25th, 2021 [October 12th, 2020]
- Tattoo Safety: What to Know Before You Get a Tattoo - November 9th, 2021 [June 2nd, 2020]
- High-Intensity Interval Training Boosts Both Body and Mind - November 9th, 2021 [May 10th, 2020]
- Lipocine Reintroduces Tlando - April 16th, 2023 [March 18th, 2020]
- Insomnia: The Silent Killer - November 9th, 2021 [April 30th, 2019]
- How to Understand and Deal with Cirrhosis - November 9th, 2021 [April 12th, 2019]
- Constantly Tired? Can't Sleep? - November 9th, 2021 [March 23rd, 2019]
- Are You Constantly Feeling Tired And Fatigued ? - November 25th, 2021 [May 1st, 2018]