Human growth hormone (HGH) has had a bad rap for decades now, especially within sports organizations. The World Anti-Doping Association has banned its use in sports, including the National Basketball Association (NBA). Mark Cuban (pictured), the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, disagrees with this decision.
He believes that the use of HGH can have a very beneficial impact on injured athletes. His position is not that HGH should be used for performance enhancement or used continuously and abused, but that it shows promise in healing an athlete's injury safely and quicker than conventional healing methods.
He recently told ESPN, “The reason [HGH] was barred was because the [World Anti-Doping Agency] … they banned it. There was really no research or complete logic for doing it.”
Video Link: https://vimeo.com/431076566
Video Download: Mark Cuban Endorses The Use Of Hgh In The Nba For Injury Recovery Purposes
Video Stream: Mark Cuban Endorses The Use Of Hgh In The Nba For Injury Recovery Purposes
Cuban has been interested in the potential benefits and uses of HGH for many years and so much so that he decided to fund a study performed by researchers at the University of Michigan looking at HGH and its role in injury recovery.
Mark Cuban Funds University of Michigan HGH Study
This new study was published in The American Journal of Sports Medicine and focused on injuries of the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) which is an important ligament that supports the knee. A torn ACL is one of the worst diagnoses for an athlete to hear as even walking is barely possible (let alone any in-and-out dribbles or spin moves!) and the injury typically requires surgery.
Even after surgery, many athlete's performances never quite reach where it used to be which can be devastating. It seems that even though the ligament is reconstructed after surgery, residual atrophy still occurs in the muscle.
Researchers at the University of Michigan wanted to see if the use of HGH in patients would combat this muscle atrophy. Senior author of the study, Asheesh Bedi, M.D., states, “Residual atrophy can slow or limit the safe return to the prior level of competition, and contribute to the risk of re-injury and even arthritis.”
Lead author, Christopher Mendias, Ph.D., ATC, also says, “Even after rehabilitation, many patients have muscles that are 30 to 40% weaker when they return to sports compared to their pre-surgery strength.”
That study was comprised of 19 male athletes, between the ages of 18 to 35, who had torn their ACL and were scheduled for reconstruction surgery. The subjects were randomly assigned self-injections of human growth hormone or a placebo to be injected over a six-week-period twice-a-day. The injections were started one week before their surgery date.
The results of the study were that the HGH injections did have a positive effect on the strength and volume of the knee muscles as well as on the amount of pain and adverse symptoms experienced by the subject. For example, the researchers found a 29% higher knee extension strength in the HGH group. Blood samples were also taken to look at various protein and enzyme concentrations over the course of treatment.
The HGH group had a 2.1-fold increase in insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) blood levels and a 36% lower level of matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3). IGF-1 is a protein that aids in building muscle and MMP-3 is an enzyme that aids in breaking down muscles, specifically breaking down the proteins that are used to build muscles.
The Need for Better Injury Recovery Methods
As stated previously, a torn ACL can be a death sentence for an athlete's career, in addition to other injuries, depending on the sport. Especially now, in light of the effect of COVID-19 on professional sports teams, their prolonged hiatus from playing will mean increased injuries once allowed to play again.
For example, the NBA has been on hiatus for over two months with a date of July 31st as the target date for returning to the game. Two months off is a long time to go without training or playing in any game! It would be very beneficial to these athletes if they are able to either prevent such injuries or recover faster and be back up to speed once healed.
Again, the idea of using HGH injections for sports injury healing does not involve long-term continuous use – this would be perceived as abuse by the WADA for performance enhancement. Mendias also supports this view: “Treatment occurs during a time when athletes are not playing due to their injuries.
The goal is to prevent muscle weakness, not make athletes stronger than they were before their injuries. Any small performance-enhancing effects of human growth hormone seem to wear off quickly after stopping the medication, and does not offer a competitive advantage.”
Mark Cuban's Future Hopes for HGH
Mark Cuban has very high hopes for the use of HGH as an aid in injury recovery. He is even willing to fund more studies to prove his beliefs, which, based off of the latest study, look promising: “[…] comparing athletes vs. a placebo, there was a significant improvement in their recovery time and getting back to full strength.”
Cuban hopes that the NBA, the Olympics and other sports leagues will take a look at these results and be interested in further studies.
He believes that HGH should not be banned from all uses and can potentially be used for some good in the NBA and other sports organizations – performance enhancement and recreational use excluded. Cuban argues, “It's time to recognize that HGH can positively impact injury recovery.
I funded this study so that athletes can get back to full strength and doing what they love.”
Continue following our blog for the latest news on human growth hormone and other HRT treatment methods!
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- The Importance of Regular Monitoring in Growth Hormone Therapy - November 23rd, 2023 [November 23rd, 2023]
- Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine - November 12th, 2023 [October 9th, 2023]
- Nanotechnology for Health and Longevity - October 17th, 2023 [October 3rd, 2023]
- Expert Views: Human Immortality as a Possible Outcome Through AI - October 17th, 2023 [September 28th, 2023]
- Human Longevity and Immortality: Exploring the Confluence of AI, Stem Cell Technologies, and Nanotechnology - October 8th, 2023 [September 21st, 2023]
- Chronic Fatigue and Weakness Major Symptom of HGH Deficiency - November 2nd, 2023 [July 13th, 2023]
- Safe Storage, Injection and Disposal of HGH - August 1st, 2023 [May 10th, 2023]
- Phoenix Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [October 14th, 2022]
- San Diego Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [September 23rd, 2022]
- San Antonio Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [September 16th, 2022]
- Improving Memory for Diabetics with Testosterone - September 9th, 2022 [September 8th, 2022]
- Houston Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [August 17th, 2022]
- Chicago Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [August 9th, 2022]
- Los Angeles Testosterone and Growth Hormone - April 7th, 2023 [August 4th, 2022]
- Testosterone and Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields (PEMFs) - August 9th, 2023 [August 2nd, 2022]
- The link between water, HGH, and Testosterone - August 9th, 2023 [July 28th, 2022]
- New York City Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [July 27th, 2022]
- HGH, Nutrition, Fasting, and Stem Cells…The Fascinating Links! - November 9th, 2023 [July 20th, 2022]
- How to Boost Testosterone with Food - July 31st, 2023 [July 11th, 2022]
- Thinking about Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)? - August 18th, 2023 [July 5th, 2022]
- You Don’t Need Permission to See a Specialist - April 20th, 2023 [June 28th, 2022]
- Interested in boosting your testosterone levels? Here’s How! - April 20th, 2023 [June 22nd, 2022]
- Wyoming Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [May 25th, 2022]
- West Virginia HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [May 6th, 2022]
- Pot Bellies Are Bad for Your Health - Hormone Balance for Men - February 16th, 2022 [February 16th, 2022]
- Washington, D.C. HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 18th, 2022]
- Zomacton Injections for Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - January 5th, 2022 [January 5th, 2022]
- Chronic Stress Can Lead to Hair Loss — New Research Reveals How - January 14th, 2022 [January 5th, 2022]
- Light Therapy: The Incredible Benefits of Red Light Therapy - August 9th, 2023 [January 3rd, 2022]
- Vermont HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 27th, 2021]
- Utah HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 17th, 2021]
- Finally! A safe, effective oral testosterone pill: Jatenzo! - August 16th, 2023 [December 13th, 2021]
- South Dakota HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 9th, 2021]
- Rhode Island HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 3rd, 2021]
- North Dakota HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 26th, 2021]
- Testosterone and Food: What you eat can boost your testosterone levels! - August 16th, 2023 [November 21st, 2021]
- New Mexico HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 17th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and DHEA - April 16th, 2023 [November 14th, 2021]
- New Hampshire HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 11th, 2021]
- Testosterone and Liver Health - July 18th, 2023 [November 5th, 2021]
- Nevada HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 3rd, 2021]
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin, and Memory - November 9th, 2021 [October 15th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin and Leptin - November 9th, 2021 [October 15th, 2021]
- Nebraska HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [October 6th, 2021]
- Montana HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [October 1st, 2021]
- Boost testosterone by eating more fat! - July 18th, 2023 [September 28th, 2021]
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: The secret weapon for controlling Erectile Dysfunction and Sleep Apnea - August 9th, 2023 [September 23rd, 2021]
- Celebrity Dax Shepard Takes Pride in Results from Testosterone Therapy - January 24th, 2022 [September 9th, 2021]
- Ipamorelin Acetate – Boosting HGH with Peptides - January 20th, 2022 [August 10th, 2021]
- Kansas HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [August 5th, 2021]
- Tesamorelin: the answer to losing those stubborn pounds of fat! - August 15th, 2023 [August 2nd, 2021]
- Maine HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 28th, 2021]
- What Happens When I Get Growth Hormone Injections? - August 15th, 2023 [July 26th, 2021]
- Recent Research Concludes: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Lowers Heart Attack Risk - August 15th, 2023 [July 21st, 2021]
- The Fascinating link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - August 15th, 2023 [July 16th, 2021]
- Hawaii HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 14th, 2021]
- Delaware HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 8th, 2021]
- The Incredible Longevity benefits of Quercetin - August 18th, 2023 [July 6th, 2021]
- The Incredible, Health-Boosting Benefits of Mushrooms - August 9th, 2023 [June 30th, 2021]
- Arkansas HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [June 28th, 2021]
- Recognizing the Signs of Hormone Imbalance in Men - January 14th, 2022 [June 25th, 2021]
- Alaska HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [June 22nd, 2021]
- The benefits of Berberine - August 15th, 2023 [June 13th, 2021]
- The incredible, awesome health benefits of Onions - September 17th, 2023 [June 7th, 2021]
- Melatonin – The Importance of the Sleep Hormone - January 14th, 2022 [May 13th, 2021]
- The Medical Perspective on Inflammation Myths - January 20th, 2022 [April 29th, 2021]
- Are you feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic? - September 17th, 2023 [April 26th, 2021]
- Norditropin Human Growth Hormone Therapy for HGH Deficiency - November 9th, 2021 [April 6th, 2021]
- Eat Better to Overcome Stress and Control Blood Sugar - November 9th, 2021 [April 1st, 2021]
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Reduce Male Fertility and Impair Semen Quality - November 9th, 2021 [March 22nd, 2021]
- Thyroid Dysfunction Wreaks Havoc on Health and Metabolism - November 9th, 2021 [March 15th, 2021]
- Physical Activity for Protection against Hormone Imbalance and Chronic Diseases - November 9th, 2021 [March 11th, 2021]
- The Effects of Phthalate Exposure on Childhood Neurological Development - November 12th, 2023 [March 1st, 2021]
- Aging Causes Sarcopenia (Muscle Loss), And How Best To Avoid It - October 3rd, 2023 [February 22nd, 2021]
- Oxytocin Exposure Leads to Increased Natural Production - November 9th, 2021 [February 15th, 2021]
- Do Seasonal Changes Affect Hormone Balance? - November 9th, 2021 [February 9th, 2021]
- Georgia HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [February 5th, 2021]
- Mississippi HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 31st, 2021]
- Iowa HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 24th, 2021]
- Can Musicians Teach Us to Overcome Fatigue? - November 9th, 2021 [January 18th, 2021]