Video Download: Low T Levels Affects A Third Of Young Men With Type 2 Diabetes
Video Stream: Low T Levels Affects A Third Of Young Men With Type 2 Diabetes
New research has revealed that approximately one-third of men aged 18-35 with type 2 diabetes have low testosterone levels.
Dr. Paresh Dandona and colleagues from the State University of New York in Buffalo measured circulating Testosterone levels in 38 men with type 1 diabetes and 24 men with type 2 diabetes.
Results showed that Testosterone levels were significantly lower in participants with type 2 diabetes than they were in men with type 1 diabetes. 33% of participants with type 2 diabetes were found to have low testosterone levels, while 58% had Testosterone levels that were below normal for their age.
In comparison, just 8% of type 1 diabetic patients had Testosterone levels below the lower limit of normal.
The participants with low Testosterone also had low levels of Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH), thus meaning that they met diagnostic criteria for hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, by not producing those two hormones in adequate amounts.
If left untreated, hypogonadotropic hypogonadism may lead to the development of osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease, as well as the loss of sex drive, impotence, and infertility.
The researchers conclude: “Young type 2 diabetic patients have significantly lower plasma concentrations of total and free testosterone and inappropriately low LH and FSH concentrations with a very high prevalence of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism when compared with type 1 diabetic patients of comparable age.
The potential implications for their sexual and reproductive function during prime reproductive years are profound.”
Men and Low Testosterone
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Healthy Living Can Add 14 Years to Your Life! - October 19th, 2020
- Female Blood Panel Work - October 18th, 2020
- Welcome to HRT, HGH and Testosterone Therapy - October 15th, 2020
- Restrict Your Calories 30% and Live 30% Longer! - October 14th, 2020
- The Pituitary Gland - October 12th, 2020
- The Curse of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - October 11th, 2020
- The Facts About Depression - October 10th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Program Protocol Diary - October 9th, 2020
- Avoid Black Market HGH and Botox -- Marina del Rey Woman Arrested in HGH Case -- Guide - October 8th, 2020
- What is a Nutraceutical? - October 6th, 2020
- Did You Know: Sarcopenia is Increasing Among Senior Citizens at a Blistering Pace? - October 5th, 2020
- Learn the Link Between Diabetes and Growth Hormone - October 3rd, 2020
- BHRT Medical Solutions - October 1st, 2020
- How to Age Rapidly or Not: The importance of your Adrenal Glands - September 30th, 2020
- The Relationship Between Sleep and Growth Hormone - September 28th, 2020
- How Do I Get Started With HGH Treatment? - September 26th, 2020
- Weight Loss Through HGH - September 24th, 2020
- Erectile Dysfunction: The Facts You Need to Know - September 23rd, 2020
- HGH FAQ's - September 22nd, 2020
- All the Different Brands of Human Growth Hormone -- Guide - September 21st, 2020
- The Facts About Cholesterol...the Truth May Surprise You! - September 20th, 2020
- A Major Breakthrough in Anti-Aging Science is now Reality! - September 19th, 2020
- Stop Suffering From Heartburn - October 2nd, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone Medical Guide For "Dummies" - April 4th, 2018
Word Count: 259