The medical field’s views on hormone therapy have dramatically shifted in the last half-century, with advances in medical research and technology transforming the field from a last resort to a vital component of many people's healthcare regimens.
In the past, hormone therapy was viewed as a controversial and risky treatment with limited efficacy and significant side effects. However, with the advent of new diagnostic tools and highly targeted therapies, hormone therapy has become a mainstream and effective way to treat a wide range of conditions, from age-related declines to hormonal imbalances and deficiencies.
In the 1970s and 1980s, hormone therapy was largely focused on using synthetic hormones to replace those that were declining in the body, such as estrogen in menopausal women. However, these early therapies were often poorly understood, with high doses and untested combinations leading to serious side effects, including an increased risk of heart disease, stroke, and breast cancer.
In recent years, a flurry of new studies has shed light on the complex interplay of hormones in the body, leading to more targeted and effective treatments. One such study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine in 2010, found that a combination of estrogen and progesterone was more effective in reducing hot flashes in menopausal women than either hormone alone.
Another study published in JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) in 2012 found that testosterone therapy effectively reduced symptoms of andropause, or male menopause, in older men.
Perhaps most notably, genetic testing and personalized medicine advances have led to a new generation of highly tailored hormone therapies. It is these that you can obtain at our clinic.
One such treatment is human growth hormone (HGH) therapy, which has gained popularity in recent years as a way to treat age-related declines in HGH levels. A study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism in 2006 found that HGH therapy effectively increased muscle mass, reduced body fat, and improved overall physical function in older adults.
Another study published in the same journal in 2010 found that HGH therapy effectively improved the quality of life, mood, and sexual function in older adults with HGH deficiency. A third study, published in the Journal of Women's Health in 2013, found that HGH therapy improved sleep, mood, and sexual function in postmenopausal women with HGH deficiency.
Patients looking to access the latest HGH therapies should seek out the specialist physicians at our clinic rather than general practitioners who are usually not aware of the latest advances in this field. Physicians who are board certified in the HRT field – and all of our physicians are board certified – have a deep understanding of the latest research and advances, and can provide tailored, personalized treatments that consider the patient's individual health needs and goals.
Our clinic’s first step is always to test you, in cooperation with the nation’s leading labs, to determine if you do indeed suffer from a hormone problem. If you do, we definitely can help you, as there is a cure. If you don’t, you will at least have more vital information about your condition after being tested.
As for future trends in hormone therapy, the field is rapidly evolving, and new treatments are being developed continuously. Our clinic is always taking advantage of the latest therapies and discoveries.
For example, researchers are exploring using bioidentical hormones, which are replicas of the hormones naturally produced by the body, as a safer and more effective alternative to synthetic hormones. Additionally, advances in genetic testing and personalized medicine may soon allow for even more targeted and effective hormone therapies tailored to the individual patient's unique hormonal profile.
In conclusion, the views on hormone therapy have undergone a major transformation in the last 50 years, with advances in medical research and technology leading to more effective and safer treatments.
Patients seeking the latest treatments should seek out a specialist physician rather than a general practitioner and be aware of the exciting new trends and advances in the field. Come in and get tested today.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Slow Aging with Growth Hormone - July 17th, 2022 [July 17th, 2022]
- Cheaping Out on HGH Therapy – JUST DON’T DO IT - August 1st, 2023 [July 12th, 2022]
- Hormone Impacts And Function Of HGH - July 10th, 2022 [July 10th, 2022]
- General Physician Versus Hormone Specialist – Some Symptoms Require a Specialist to Heal - April 20th, 2023 [March 18th, 2022]
- An Introduction to Growth Hormone - November 9th, 2021 [October 27th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and Pneumonia - November 9th, 2021 [October 27th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and Testosterone Replacement Therapy - November 9th, 2021 [October 27th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and the Hypothalamus Gland - November 9th, 2021 [October 27th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and the Law - November 9th, 2021 [October 27th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and Gene Therapy - November 9th, 2021 [October 26th, 2021]
- What Men Need To Know About Testosterone And Growth Hormone - November 9th, 2021 [October 26th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone Explained - November 9th, 2021 [October 26th, 2021]
- The Best Ways to Boost Growth Hormone - November 9th, 2021 [October 26th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone Sprays - November 9th, 2021 [October 26th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone Dosage - November 9th, 2021 [October 26th, 2021]
- Insulin-Similar Growth Factor Benefits - November 9th, 2021 [October 26th, 2021]
- The Benefits of IGF-1 - November 9th, 2021 [October 26th, 2021]
- Hormone Replacement Therapy is Safe - November 9th, 2021 [October 26th, 2021]
- Estrogen HRT May Reduce Breast Cancer Risk - November 9th, 2021 [October 26th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone Therapy Reverses Biological Age In Groundbreaking Study - November 9th, 2021 [October 25th, 2021]
- Human Growth Hormone Secretagogue: Sermorelin - November 9th, 2021 [October 25th, 2021]
- Early Hormone Replacement Therapy May Lower Alzheimer Risk - November 9th, 2021 [October 25th, 2021]
- Comprehensive Hormone Replacement Therapy with Tesamorelin - January 24th, 2022 [September 18th, 2021]
- Risks of Hormones in Early Menopause Challenged - November 9th, 2021 [August 24th, 2021]
- Heart Benefits From Hormone Replacement Therapy? - November 9th, 2021 [August 18th, 2021]
- New Research: Cognitive Therapy Could Reduce Menopausal Hot Flashes - November 9th, 2021 [August 16th, 2021]
- A Toxic Hormone is Altering the Sex and Reproduction of Aquatic Life in United States Streams - November 9th, 2021 [August 16th, 2021]
- Act Now to Prevent the Increasingly Common Condition of Hypothyroidism - August 16th, 2023 [June 21st, 2021]
- The HGH Recommended Medical Dosage - The Importance of Blood Work - November 9th, 2021 [May 25th, 2021]
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Safe, Study Suggests - March 16th, 2022 [May 24th, 2021]
- HGH Secretagogue - November 9th, 2021 [May 22nd, 2021]
- Androgel : Men Getting Their Mojo Back! - March 15th, 2022 [May 21st, 2021]
- Hormone Therapy May Help Cut Alzheimer's Risk - November 9th, 2021 [May 18th, 2021]
- Finally Explained: The Mysterious Pineal Gland - November 9th, 2021 [April 30th, 2021]
- Andropause From The Wikipedia Encyclopedia - November 9th, 2021 [April 12th, 2021]
- The Importance of Luteinizing Hormone - November 9th, 2021 [April 11th, 2021]
- Melatonin: The Body's Master Clock - November 9th, 2021 [April 8th, 2021]
- LCN2 Hormone Suppresses Hunger and Discourages Overeating - November 9th, 2021 [April 7th, 2021]
- New Research on Hormone Replacement Therapy - November 9th, 2021 [March 12th, 2021]