For ten years, many women going through menopause have shunned hormone replacement therapy after a landmark study suggested a link between HRT and breast cancer.
A new survey, published online in the medical journal BMJ, suggests a flaw in that initial study: The women in the first report started HRT at an average age of 63. The new research follows women who began HRT at the onset of menopause (the 1,006 women involved in the study were white, healthy, and aged 45-58 years old).
The study found that not only was there not an increased risk of cancer for the women on HRT -- they were also less likely to die of heart disease.
Half of the women in the study were given HRT for ten years. After ten years, 15 women in the HRT group had died, and one suffered a heart problem. In the non-HRT group, 26 women had died, and seven had had some type of heart problem.
The Danish researchers followed the women for another six years, finding that women not on HRT were 40 percent more likely to die or suffer a heart problem than the women on HRT. Rates of breast cancer were the same between the two groups.
"This is a very significant piece of research, and should reassure the millions of women who turn to hormone therapy for relief of their menopausal symptoms," said Dr. Roger Lobo, past president of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, in The Telegraph. "This study shows that appropriately used hormone therapy is not only safe but in fact is likely to improve the cardiovascular health of women."
Others, though, urge caution.
"This is a non-informative study with too many shortcomings to list," Wulf Utian, the founding president and former executive director of the North American Menopause Society, told ABC, citing a "minuscule" number of adverse health events, no placebo control, and no description of the randomization method.
In 2002, the Women's Health Initiative stopped its study that involved over 160,000 women ages 50-79, based on its findings that women on HRT were more likely to suffer from aggressive breast cancer.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Comprehensive Hormone Replacement Therapy with Tesamorelin - September 18th, 2021
- Risks of Hormones in Early Menopause Challenged - August 24th, 2021
- Heart Benefits From Hormone Replacement Therapy? - August 18th, 2021
- New Research: Cognitive Therapy Could Reduce Menopausal Hot Flashes - August 16th, 2021
- A Toxic Hormone is Altering the Sex and Reproduction of Aquatic Life in United States Streams - August 16th, 2021
- Act Now to Prevent the Increasingly Common Condition of Hypothyroidism - June 21st, 2021
- The HGH Recommended Medical Dosage - The Importance of Blood Work - May 25th, 2021
- Injectable HGH Therapy Manual and Wiki Guide - May 23rd, 2021
- HGH Secretagogue - May 22nd, 2021
- Androgel : Men Getting Their Mojo Back! - May 21st, 2021
- Toxins Could Explain Pneumonia Damage While a Hormone Could be the Cure, Researchers Say - May 20th, 2021
- What You Need to Know About the Hypothalamus Gland - May 19th, 2021
- Hormone Therapy May Help Cut Alzheimer's Risk - May 18th, 2021
- How to Keep Your Human Growth Hormone Treatments Legal - May 14th, 2021
- Esquire: Hormone Replacement Therapy For Men: A Review - May 9th, 2021
- Human Growth Hormone Explained - May 8th, 2021
- Gene Therapy - May 7th, 2021
- The Best Ways to Boost Your Levels of HGH - May 5th, 2021
- HGH Sprays -- Fact, Fiction or Scam? - May 4th, 2021
- Human Growth Hormone Options for Administration - May 3rd, 2021
- About IGF-1 Also Known as Somatomedin C - May 2nd, 2021
- IGF-1 Treatment - May 1st, 2021
- Finally Explained: The Mysterious Pineal Gland - April 30th, 2021
- Doctors Call For New Guidelines as Study Finds HRT 'is Safe - and Can Protect Heart' - April 28th, 2021
- Welcome to HGH and Testosterone Replacement Therapy - April 25th, 2021
- Researchers Ponder Why Estrogen-Only HRT May Reduce Breast Cancer Risk - April 21st, 2021
- HGH Therapy Reverses Biological Age by 1.5 Years In Groundbreaking Study - April 15th, 2021
- Marius Pharmaceuticals Announces Issuance of Two Key Patents Protecting its Proprietary Oral Testosterone Therapy - April 14th, 2021
- The Miracle of the Human Growth Hormone Secretagogue Sermorelin - April 13th, 2021
- Andropause From The Wikipedia Encyclopedia - April 12th, 2021
- The Importance of Luteinizing Hormone - April 11th, 2021
- Early HRT 'May Cut Alzheimer Risk' - April 9th, 2021
- Melatonin: The Body's Master Clock - April 8th, 2021
- LCN2 Hormone Suppresses Hunger and Discourages Overeating - April 7th, 2021
- New Research on Hormone Replacement Therapy - March 12th, 2021
Word Count: 378