Human Growth Hormone (HGH) Replacement Therapy delivers a broad range of health benefits: skyrocketing energy, pain relief, more restorative sleep, and a dramatic boost of efficiency in all of the body's systems, and that includes the digestive system.
The gut is sometimes referred to as "the second brain" with good reason. When our digestive system is functioning on all eight cylinders our thinking becomes clearer and our memory sharpens. Here's why.
The human body is composed of various systems which work together to promote normal and healthy function. We tend to talk about these systems as independent, but in reality, they are intricately interconnected. A recent study conducted by researchers from the University of Southern California shows how the digestive system interacts with cognitive function in the specific area of memory.
What Is Ghrelin and What Does It Do?
Ghrelin is an essential digestive hormone associated with hunger. The stomach primarily produces ghrelin as a means to trigger the sensation of hunger. The hormone also modulates metabolism. In addition to inducing hunger, Ghrelin also slows down the metabolism to protect energy reserves and maintain body fat. Research is ongoing to discover the various ways that Ghrelin impacts human physiology.
Scientists at USC recently published a scientific investigation regarding how Ghrelin affects memory function in rats. They discovered that Ghrelin negatively influences memory and contributes to increased eating frequency. The lead author was Scott Kanoski, a professor that specializes in biological sciences.
Ghrelin and the Vagus Nerve
To learn more about the link between the gut and the brain, USC scientists worked with international researchers to see what would happen if the stomach and mind's neurological connections were disrupted. The Vagus Nerve is responsible for linking the digestive system to the brain and also helps the heart and lungs interact. In this study, researchers prevented Ghrelin from acting on the Vagus nerve in rats and recorded the results.
After Ghrelin signaling was blocked, the scientists looked for changes in the rats' behavior. There were no signs of anxiety among the rats, but they did start eating more often. The inhibited influence of Ghrelin also led to weight gain and issues with blood sugar regulation.
Blocking Ghrelin Makes Rats Eat More, but Not More Often
Interestingly enough, these changes were not the result of increased calories. Even though rats were eating more often, they ate smaller meals, spreading out the calories. Researchers hypothesized that these changes in eating habits were associated with impaired memory in the rats. Their inability to clearly remember their last meal led them to eat more often.
The rats could remember how to get to their food, but not the last time they ate. Specifically, the rats appeared to have issues with episodic memory. This type of memory helps you remember specific scenes from your life, such as what you had for dinner or what you wore to work yesterday.
By studying the effects of Ghrelin on memory and vagus nerve activity, scientists hope to develop new techniques and strategies to help patients struggling with various conditions—and not only health issues associated with diet.
By studying the interplay between the gut and the brain via Ghrelin, researchers will likely discover new knowledge to help patients with Alzheimer's, epilepsy, diabetes, obesity, and more!
We may even be able to manipulate how Ghrelin acts on the Vagus Nerve as an effective medical treatment.
Growth hormone replacement can set the table for optimal performance of many other hormones including Ghrelin.
Contact us for a FREE, no-obligation discussion concerning the benefits of growth hormone replacement therapy.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin and Leptin - October 15th, 2021
- Nebraska HGH Clinics - October 6th, 2021
- Essential Amino Acids Critical to Health and Hormone Balance - October 6th, 2021
- Montana HGH Clinics - October 1st, 2021
- Boost testosterone by eating more fat! - September 28th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: The secret weapon for controlling Erectile Dysfunction and Sleep Apnea - September 23rd, 2021
- Celebrity Dax Shepard Takes Pride in Results from Testosterone Therapy - September 9th, 2021
- Ipamorelin Acetate – Boosting HGH with Peptides - August 10th, 2021
- Kansas HGH Clinics - August 5th, 2021
- Tesamorelin: the answer to losing those stubborn pounds of fat! - August 2nd, 2021
- Maine HGH Clinics - July 28th, 2021
- What Happens When I Get Growth Hormone Injections? - July 26th, 2021
- Recent Research Concludes: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Lowers Heart Attack Risk - July 21st, 2021
- The Fascinating link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - July 16th, 2021
- Hawaii HGH Clinics - July 14th, 2021
- Delaware HGH Clinics - July 8th, 2021
- The Incredible Longevity benefits of Quercetin - July 6th, 2021
- The Incredible, Health-Boosting Benefits of Mushrooms - June 30th, 2021
- Arkansas HGH Clinics - June 28th, 2021
- Recognizing the Signs of Hormone Imbalance in Men - June 25th, 2021
- Alaska HGH Clinics - June 22nd, 2021
- The benefits of Berberine - June 13th, 2021
- The incredible, awesome health benefits of Onions - June 7th, 2021
- Using Sleep to Amplify Human Growth Hormone - May 27th, 2021
- Melatonin – The Importance of the Sleep Hormone - May 13th, 2021
- Omnitrope Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - May 6th, 2021
- The Medical Perspective on Inflammation Myths - April 29th, 2021
- Are you feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic? - April 26th, 2021
- Chronic Stress Can Lead to Hair Loss — New Research Reveals How - April 14th, 2021
- Norditropin Human Growth Hormone Therapy for HGH Deficiency - April 6th, 2021
- Eat Better to Overcome Stress and Control Blood Sugar - April 1st, 2021
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Reduce Male Fertility and Impair Semen Quality - March 22nd, 2021
- Thyroid Dysfunction Wreaks Havoc on Health and Metabolism - March 15th, 2021
- Physical Activity for Protection against Hormone Imbalance and Chronic Diseases - March 11th, 2021
- The Effects of Phthalate Exposure on Childhood Neurological Development - March 1st, 2021
- How to Prevent Sarcopenia (Muscle Loss) Caused by Aging - February 22nd, 2021
- Oxytocin Exposure Leads to Increased Natural Production - February 15th, 2021
- Do Seasonal Changes Affect Hormone Balance? - February 9th, 2021
- Georgia HGH Clinics - February 5th, 2021
- Mississippi HGH Clinics - January 31st, 2021
- Iowa HGH Clinics - January 24th, 2021
- Can Musicians Teach Us to Overcome Fatigue? - January 18th, 2021
- Oregon HGH Clinics - January 12th, 2021
- Are You Suffering From Fatty Liver Disease? - January 12th, 2021
- Connecticut HGH Clinics - January 5th, 2021
- Did you know Saunas may increase growth hormone? - December 26th, 2020
- Oklahoma HGH Clinics - December 8th, 2020
- Alabama HGH Clinics - December 1st, 2020
- Wisconsin HGH Clinics - December 1st, 2020
- Boosting HGH Levels Naturally Without a Prescription - November 18th, 2020
- Louisiana HGH Clinics - November 6th, 2020
- Andropause is not the same as menopause… - November 3rd, 2020
- South Carolina HGH Clinics - October 29th, 2020
- Minnesota HGH Clinics - October 21st, 2020
- Sogroya (somapacitan) Prescription HGH Treatments FDA-Approved - October 19th, 2020
- The link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - October 7th, 2020
- Rapamycin - September 27th, 2020
- A new study finds a link between Ghrelin, Sarcopenia, and Growth Hormone - September 18th, 2020
- Maryland HGH Clinics - September 9th, 2020
- Mark Cuban Endorses the Use of HGH in the NBA for Injury Recovery Purposes - September 5th, 2020
- Soy: Does it Lower Testosterone? - August 30th, 2020
- Missouri HGH Clinics - August 24th, 2020
- Indiana HGH Clinics - August 13th, 2020
- Covid-19 Dangers Worsened By Stress and Cortisol - August 13th, 2020
- Michigan HGH Clinics - August 12th, 2020
- Growth Hormone Plays a Role in Controlling Blood Sugar - August 8th, 2020
- Tennessee HGH Clinics - August 3rd, 2020
- Massachusetts HGH Clinics - July 21st, 2020
- Washington HGH Clinics - July 9th, 2020
- Virginia HGH Clinics - June 24th, 2020
- New Jersey HGH Clinics - June 1st, 2020
- North Carolina HGH Clinics - May 10th, 2020
- Did you know: Lifestyle plays a huge role in testosterone levels - January 9th, 2020
- Kentucky HGH Clinics - January 9th, 2020
- Ohio HGH Clinics - October 17th, 2019
- Texas HGH Clinics - September 12th, 2019
- Florida HGH Clinics - August 29th, 2019
- Colorado HGH Clinics - August 2nd, 2019
- Arizona HGH Clinics - July 29th, 2019
- Pennsylvania HGH Clinics - July 22nd, 2019
Word Count: 610