Video Link: https://vimeo.com/498804754
Video Download: Did You Know Lifestyle Plays A Huge Role In Testosterone Levels
Video Stream: Did You Know Lifestyle Plays A Huge Role In Testosterone Levels
Did You Know: Lifestyle Plays a Huge Role in Testosterone Levels
A recent study published in the journal Clinical Endocrinology has concluded that the lifestyles of middle-aged men play a crucial role in their testosterone levels.
“Age, BMI, socio-demographic and lifestyle factors, and prevalent medical conditions show independent and combined influences on sex hormone levels in a large population-based sample of community-dwelling men,’ stated Bu B. Yeap, Ph.D., professor of medicine at the University of Western Australia.
He added that “Given the magnitude of their associations, these factors should be considered for potential interventions when interpreting sex hormone results.”
In the study, researchers measured serum total testosterone and sex hormone-binding globulin levels (SHBG) of 208,677 men aged 40 to 69 years that participated in the UK Biobank study from 2006 to 2010.
Serum total testosterone was tracked using competitive binding chemiluminescent immunoassay, whereas serum SHBG was analyzed with a two-step, chemiluminescent immunoassay.
Researchers measured free testosterone using the Vermeulen method. Demographic and medication information was obtained through self-reports, and information on prevailing medical conditions came from self-reports, physical exams, blood chemistry, and general practice records.
Participants had an average serum testosterone concentration of 11.6 nmol/L, a median SHBG level of 36.9 nmol/L, and a median calculated free testosterone of 213 pmol/L. Lower serum testosterone and higher SHBG were connected with older age and higher Body Mass Index (BMI).
Measured free testosterone was lower for older study subjects and increased with BMI up to 25 kg/m2, at which point it dropped. Both the age and BMI links were independent of each other.
Mean testosterone was lower for participants who lived with a partner, had South Asian ethnicity, and higher educational achievement. Current smokers had higher mean testosterone levels than those who previously smoked or never smoked.
Vegetarians had the lowest mean testosterone levels, followed by those who consumed significant amounts of red meat, low amounts of red meat, poultry, fish, and no animal products. Testosterone was higher with more levels of physical activity, regardless of alcohol consumption.
Mean SHBG levels were lower for men who drank alcohol, whereas other associations between SHBG and dietary and physical activity patterns were similar to testosterone.
Lower testosterone levels were discovered in men with cardiovascular disease (CVD), cancer, diabetes, dementia, angina, renal impairment, hypertension, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease compared with those without any of those conditions.
Low SHBG was connected with CVD, diabetes, angina, renal impairment, and hypertension. Atrial fibrillation was the only condition associated with higher testosterone and SHBG levels.
After analyzing the results, the study determined that a man of South Asian ethnicity who lived with a partner, ate a low amount of red meat, had a college or university degree, and had inadequate physical activity would have a lower mean testosterone level of about 2 nmol/L.
Men aged 70 years had a mean testosterone level 0.5 nmol/L lower than those who were aged 50 years, and participants with a BMI of 30 kg/m2 had a mean testosterone concentration 1.5 nmol/L lower than those who had a BMI of 25 kg/m2.
The researchers wrote that “The combined influences of socio demographic and lifestyle factors and medical conditions may provide an informative clinical context for interpreting testosterone and SHBG results in men aged 40 to 69 years.”
They also concluded that providers should individualize testosterone assessment and consider several modifiable lifestyle factors when evaluating testosterone levels for men aged 40 to 69 years.
And individualizing testosterone assessment is our specialty
That’s right. Our testosterone replacement regimens are state-of-the-art and the cutting-edge of the latest breakthroughs and developments in the world of hormone replacement. We consider the type of hormone (testosterone, growth hormone, sermorelin) that is best suited for you considering your age, current health issues, stress levels, and physical condition.
But we don’t stop there. As the study concluded, several lifestyle modifications will boost testosterone even without treatment.
Just think about how much more effective these healthy lifestyle changes will be when our hormone replacement therapies are added to the mix!
At our clinics, we consider a number of factors to boost your testosterone to the next level. Beginning with what foods to eat that raise testosterone and how to enjoy consistent nights of deep, restorative, testosterone-elevating sleep, to an appropriate fitness routine, minimizing the debilitating effects of toxins, testosterone-raising nutritional supplements, and controlling the stress the decimates testosterone, we cover it all.
Stop wasting time. Contact us for a free, no-obligation discussion about the benefits of testosterone replacement that we can deliver to you!
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- The Importance of Regular Monitoring in Growth Hormone Therapy - November 23rd, 2023 [November 23rd, 2023]
- Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine - November 12th, 2023 [October 9th, 2023]
- Nanotechnology for Health and Longevity - October 17th, 2023 [October 3rd, 2023]
- Expert Views: Human Immortality as a Possible Outcome Through AI - October 17th, 2023 [September 28th, 2023]
- Human Longevity and Immortality: Exploring the Confluence of AI, Stem Cell Technologies, and Nanotechnology - October 8th, 2023 [September 21st, 2023]
- Chronic Fatigue and Weakness Major Symptom of HGH Deficiency - November 2nd, 2023 [July 13th, 2023]
- Safe Storage, Injection and Disposal of HGH - August 1st, 2023 [May 10th, 2023]
- Phoenix Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [October 14th, 2022]
- San Diego Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [September 23rd, 2022]
- San Antonio Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [September 16th, 2022]
- Improving Memory for Diabetics with Testosterone - September 9th, 2022 [September 8th, 2022]
- Houston Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [August 17th, 2022]
- Chicago Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [August 9th, 2022]
- Los Angeles Testosterone and Growth Hormone - April 7th, 2023 [August 4th, 2022]
- Testosterone and Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields (PEMFs) - August 9th, 2023 [August 2nd, 2022]
- The link between water, HGH, and Testosterone - August 9th, 2023 [July 28th, 2022]
- New York City Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [July 27th, 2022]
- HGH, Nutrition, Fasting, and Stem Cells…The Fascinating Links! - November 9th, 2023 [July 20th, 2022]
- How to Boost Testosterone with Food - July 31st, 2023 [July 11th, 2022]
- Thinking about Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)? - August 18th, 2023 [July 5th, 2022]
- You Don’t Need Permission to See a Specialist - April 20th, 2023 [June 28th, 2022]
- Interested in boosting your testosterone levels? Here’s How! - April 20th, 2023 [June 22nd, 2022]
- Wyoming Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [May 25th, 2022]
- West Virginia HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [May 6th, 2022]
- Pot Bellies Are Bad for Your Health - Hormone Balance for Men - February 16th, 2022 [February 16th, 2022]
- Washington, D.C. HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 18th, 2022]
- Zomacton Injections for Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - January 5th, 2022 [January 5th, 2022]
- Chronic Stress Can Lead to Hair Loss — New Research Reveals How - January 14th, 2022 [January 5th, 2022]
- Light Therapy: The Incredible Benefits of Red Light Therapy - August 9th, 2023 [January 3rd, 2022]
- Vermont HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 27th, 2021]
- Utah HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 17th, 2021]
- Finally! A safe, effective oral testosterone pill: Jatenzo! - August 16th, 2023 [December 13th, 2021]
- South Dakota HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 9th, 2021]
- Rhode Island HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 3rd, 2021]
- North Dakota HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 26th, 2021]
- Testosterone and Food: What you eat can boost your testosterone levels! - August 16th, 2023 [November 21st, 2021]
- New Mexico HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 17th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and DHEA - April 16th, 2023 [November 14th, 2021]
- New Hampshire HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 11th, 2021]
- Testosterone and Liver Health - July 18th, 2023 [November 5th, 2021]
- Nevada HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 3rd, 2021]
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin, and Memory - November 9th, 2021 [October 15th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin and Leptin - November 9th, 2021 [October 15th, 2021]
- Nebraska HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [October 6th, 2021]
- Montana HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [October 1st, 2021]
- Boost testosterone by eating more fat! - July 18th, 2023 [September 28th, 2021]
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: The secret weapon for controlling Erectile Dysfunction and Sleep Apnea - August 9th, 2023 [September 23rd, 2021]
- Celebrity Dax Shepard Takes Pride in Results from Testosterone Therapy - January 24th, 2022 [September 9th, 2021]
- Ipamorelin Acetate – Boosting HGH with Peptides - January 20th, 2022 [August 10th, 2021]
- Kansas HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [August 5th, 2021]
- Tesamorelin: the answer to losing those stubborn pounds of fat! - August 15th, 2023 [August 2nd, 2021]
- Maine HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 28th, 2021]
- What Happens When I Get Growth Hormone Injections? - August 15th, 2023 [July 26th, 2021]
- Recent Research Concludes: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Lowers Heart Attack Risk - August 15th, 2023 [July 21st, 2021]
- The Fascinating link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - August 15th, 2023 [July 16th, 2021]
- Hawaii HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 14th, 2021]
- Delaware HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 8th, 2021]
- The Incredible Longevity benefits of Quercetin - August 18th, 2023 [July 6th, 2021]
- The Incredible, Health-Boosting Benefits of Mushrooms - August 9th, 2023 [June 30th, 2021]
- Arkansas HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [June 28th, 2021]
- Recognizing the Signs of Hormone Imbalance in Men - January 14th, 2022 [June 25th, 2021]
- Alaska HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [June 22nd, 2021]
- The benefits of Berberine - August 15th, 2023 [June 13th, 2021]
- The incredible, awesome health benefits of Onions - September 17th, 2023 [June 7th, 2021]
- Melatonin – The Importance of the Sleep Hormone - January 14th, 2022 [May 13th, 2021]
- The Medical Perspective on Inflammation Myths - January 20th, 2022 [April 29th, 2021]
- Are you feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic? - September 17th, 2023 [April 26th, 2021]
- Norditropin Human Growth Hormone Therapy for HGH Deficiency - November 9th, 2021 [April 6th, 2021]
- Eat Better to Overcome Stress and Control Blood Sugar - November 9th, 2021 [April 1st, 2021]
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Reduce Male Fertility and Impair Semen Quality - November 9th, 2021 [March 22nd, 2021]
- Thyroid Dysfunction Wreaks Havoc on Health and Metabolism - November 9th, 2021 [March 15th, 2021]
- Physical Activity for Protection against Hormone Imbalance and Chronic Diseases - November 9th, 2021 [March 11th, 2021]
- The Effects of Phthalate Exposure on Childhood Neurological Development - November 12th, 2023 [March 1st, 2021]
- Aging Causes Sarcopenia (Muscle Loss), And How Best To Avoid It - October 3rd, 2023 [February 22nd, 2021]
- Oxytocin Exposure Leads to Increased Natural Production - November 9th, 2021 [February 15th, 2021]
- Do Seasonal Changes Affect Hormone Balance? - November 9th, 2021 [February 9th, 2021]
- Georgia HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [February 5th, 2021]
- Mississippi HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 31st, 2021]
- Iowa HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 24th, 2021]
- Can Musicians Teach Us to Overcome Fatigue? - November 9th, 2021 [January 18th, 2021]