Video Link: https://vimeo.com/498804754
Video Download: Did You Know Lifestyle Plays A Huge Role In Testosterone Levels
Video Stream: Did You Know Lifestyle Plays A Huge Role In Testosterone Levels
Did You Know: Lifestyle Plays a Huge Role in Testosterone Levels
A recent study published in the journal Clinical Endocrinology has concluded that the lifestyles of middle-aged men play a crucial role in their testosterone levels.
“Age, BMI, sociodemographic and lifestyle factors, and prevalent medical conditions show independent and combined influences on sex hormone levels in a large population-based sample of community-dwelling men,’ stated Bu B. Yeap, Ph.D., professor of medicine at the University of Western Australia.
He added that “Given the magnitude of their associations, these factors should be considered for potential interventions when interpreting sex hormone results.”
In the study, researchers measured serum total testosterone and sex hormone-binding globulin levels (SHBG) of 208,677 men aged 40 to 69 years that participated in the UK Biobank study from 2006 to 2010.
Serum total testosterone was tracked using competitive binding chemiluminescent immunoassay, whereas serum SHBG was analyzed with a two-step, chemiluminescent immunoassay.
Researchers measured free testosterone using the Vermeulen method. Demographic and medication information was obtained through self-reports, and information on prevailing medical conditions came from self-reports, physical exams, blood chemistry, and general practice records.
Participants had an average serum testosterone concentration of 11.6 nmol/L, a median SHBG level of 36.9 nmol/L, and a median calculated free testosterone of 213 pmol/L. Lower serum testosterone and higher SHBG were connected with older age and higher Body Mass Index (BMI).
Measured free testosterone was lower for older study subjects and increased with BMI up to 25 kg/m2, at which point it dropped. Both the age and BMI links were independent of each other.
Mean testosterone was lower for participants who lived with a partner, had South Asian ethnicity, and higher educational achievement. Current smokers had higher mean testosterone levels than those who previously smoked or never smoked.
Vegetarians had the lowest mean testosterone levels, followed by those who consumed significant amounts of red meat, low amounts of red meat, poultry, fish, and no animal products. Testosterone was higher with more levels of physical activity, regardless of alcohol consumption.
Mean SHBG levels were lower for men who drank alcohol, whereas other associations between SHBG and dietary and physical activity patterns were similar to testosterone.
Lower testosterone levels were discovered in men with cardiovascular disease (CVD), cancer, diabetes, dementia, angina, renal impairment, hypertension, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease compared with those without any of those conditions.
Low SHBG was connected with CVD, diabetes, angina, renal impairment, and hypertension. Atrial fibrillation was the only condition associated with higher testosterone and SHBG levels.
After analyzing the results, the study determined that a man of South Asian ethnicity who lived with a partner, ate a low amount of red meat, had a college or university degree, and had inadequate physical activity would have a lower mean testosterone level of about 2 nmol/L.
Men aged 70 years had a mean testosterone level 0.5 nmol/L lower than those who were aged 50 years, and participants with a BMI of 30 kg/m2 had a mean testosterone concentration 1.5 nmol/L lower than those who had a BMI of 25 kg/m2.
The researchers wrote that “The combined influences of sociodemographic and lifestyle factors and medical conditions may provide an informative clinical context for interpreting testosterone and SHBG results in men aged 40 to 69 years.”
They also concluded that providers should individualize testosterone assessment and consider several modifiable lifestyle factors when evaluating testosterone levels for men aged 40 to 69 years.
And individualizing testosterone assessment is our specialty
That’s right. Our testosterone replacement regimens are state-of-the-art and the cutting-edge of the latest breakthroughs and developments in the world of hormone replacement. We consider the type of hormone (testosterone, growth hormone, sermorelin) that is best suited for you considering your age, current health issues, stress levels, and physical condition.
But we don’t stop there. As the study concluded, several lifestyle modifications will boost testosterone even without treatment.
Just think about how much more effective these healthy lifestyle changes will be when our hormone replacement therapies are added to the mix!
At our clinics, we consider a number of factors to boost your testosterone to the next level. Beginning with what foods to eat that raise testosterone and how to enjoy consistent nights of deep, restorative, testosterone-elevating sleep, to an appropriate fitness routine, minimizing the debilitating effects of toxins, testosterone-raising nutritional supplements, and controlling the stress the decimates testosterone, we cover it all.
Stop wasting time. Contact us for a free, no-obligation discussion about the benefits of testosterone replacement that we can deliver to you!
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin, and Memory - October 15th, 2021
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin and Leptin - October 15th, 2021
- Nebraska HGH Clinics - October 6th, 2021
- Essential Amino Acids Critical to Health and Hormone Balance - October 6th, 2021
- Montana HGH Clinics - October 1st, 2021
- Boost testosterone by eating more fat! - September 28th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: The secret weapon for controlling Erectile Dysfunction and Sleep Apnea - September 23rd, 2021
- Celebrity Dax Shepard Takes Pride in Results from Testosterone Therapy - September 9th, 2021
- Ipamorelin Acetate – Boosting HGH with Peptides - August 10th, 2021
- Kansas HGH Clinics - August 5th, 2021
- Tesamorelin: the answer to losing those stubborn pounds of fat! - August 2nd, 2021
- Maine HGH Clinics - July 28th, 2021
- What Happens When I Get Growth Hormone Injections? - July 26th, 2021
- Recent Research Concludes: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Lowers Heart Attack Risk - July 21st, 2021
- The Fascinating link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - July 16th, 2021
- Hawaii HGH Clinics - July 14th, 2021
- Delaware HGH Clinics - July 8th, 2021
- The Incredible Longevity benefits of Quercetin - July 6th, 2021
- The Incredible, Health-Boosting Benefits of Mushrooms - June 30th, 2021
- Arkansas HGH Clinics - June 28th, 2021
- Recognizing the Signs of Hormone Imbalance in Men - June 25th, 2021
- Alaska HGH Clinics - June 22nd, 2021
- The benefits of Berberine - June 13th, 2021
- The incredible, awesome health benefits of Onions - June 7th, 2021
- Using Sleep to Amplify Human Growth Hormone - May 27th, 2021
- Melatonin – The Importance of the Sleep Hormone - May 13th, 2021
- Omnitrope Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - May 6th, 2021
- The Medical Perspective on Inflammation Myths - April 29th, 2021
- Are you feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic? - April 26th, 2021
- Chronic Stress Can Lead to Hair Loss — New Research Reveals How - April 14th, 2021
- Norditropin Human Growth Hormone Therapy for HGH Deficiency - April 6th, 2021
- Eat Better to Overcome Stress and Control Blood Sugar - April 1st, 2021
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Reduce Male Fertility and Impair Semen Quality - March 22nd, 2021
- Thyroid Dysfunction Wreaks Havoc on Health and Metabolism - March 15th, 2021
- Physical Activity for Protection against Hormone Imbalance and Chronic Diseases - March 11th, 2021
- The Effects of Phthalate Exposure on Childhood Neurological Development - March 1st, 2021
- How to Prevent Sarcopenia (Muscle Loss) Caused by Aging - February 22nd, 2021
- Oxytocin Exposure Leads to Increased Natural Production - February 15th, 2021
- Do Seasonal Changes Affect Hormone Balance? - February 9th, 2021
- Georgia HGH Clinics - February 5th, 2021
- Mississippi HGH Clinics - January 31st, 2021
- Iowa HGH Clinics - January 24th, 2021
- Can Musicians Teach Us to Overcome Fatigue? - January 18th, 2021
- Oregon HGH Clinics - January 12th, 2021
- Are You Suffering From Fatty Liver Disease? - January 12th, 2021
- Connecticut HGH Clinics - January 5th, 2021
- Did you know Saunas may increase growth hormone? - December 26th, 2020
- Oklahoma HGH Clinics - December 8th, 2020
- Alabama HGH Clinics - December 1st, 2020
- Wisconsin HGH Clinics - December 1st, 2020
- Boosting HGH Levels Naturally Without a Prescription - November 18th, 2020
- Louisiana HGH Clinics - November 6th, 2020
- Andropause is not the same as menopause… - November 3rd, 2020
- South Carolina HGH Clinics - October 29th, 2020
- Minnesota HGH Clinics - October 21st, 2020
- Sogroya (somapacitan) Prescription HGH Treatments FDA-Approved - October 19th, 2020
- The link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - October 7th, 2020
- Rapamycin - September 27th, 2020
- A new study finds a link between Ghrelin, Sarcopenia, and Growth Hormone - September 18th, 2020
- Maryland HGH Clinics - September 9th, 2020
- Mark Cuban Endorses the Use of HGH in the NBA for Injury Recovery Purposes - September 5th, 2020
- Soy: Does it Lower Testosterone? - August 30th, 2020
- Missouri HGH Clinics - August 24th, 2020
- Indiana HGH Clinics - August 13th, 2020
- Covid-19 Dangers Worsened By Stress and Cortisol - August 13th, 2020
- Michigan HGH Clinics - August 12th, 2020
- Growth Hormone Plays a Role in Controlling Blood Sugar - August 8th, 2020
- Tennessee HGH Clinics - August 3rd, 2020
- Massachusetts HGH Clinics - July 21st, 2020
- Washington HGH Clinics - July 9th, 2020
- Virginia HGH Clinics - June 24th, 2020
- New Jersey HGH Clinics - June 1st, 2020
- North Carolina HGH Clinics - May 10th, 2020
- Kentucky HGH Clinics - January 9th, 2020
- Ohio HGH Clinics - October 17th, 2019
- Texas HGH Clinics - September 12th, 2019
- Florida HGH Clinics - August 29th, 2019
- Colorado HGH Clinics - August 2nd, 2019
- Arizona HGH Clinics - July 29th, 2019
- Pennsylvania HGH Clinics - July 22nd, 2019
Word Count: 756