Covid-19 is ravaging the world as we speak. This deadly distant relative of the common cold may present as a respiratory disease, but its effects on the human physiology are widespread. One thing that we understand very well about the Coronavirus is that its deadliness increases with body fat density. Men and women plagued by Obesity are at higher mortality risk than the general public. This correlation is so strong that many experts refer to Obesity as a “parallel pandemic.”
While there are several hypotheses as to what makes Obese Patients so fragile in the face of Covid-19, there is mounting evidence that the hormone Leptin is largely responsible for this increase in Coronavirus Mortality Risk.
What Does Leptin Do?
Leptin is one of many hormones that are involved in the regulation of hunger and metabolism. Leptin is responsible for triggering fullness and modulating metabolism, but it's also critical to proper immune function. Leptin is released by fat cells as energy needs are met. Obese individuals produce more Leptin because they have a higher volume of fat.
Covid-19 is especially dangerous for obese patients largely because of increased Leptin Levels. Coronavirus, like many diseases, is dangerous because it overwhelms the immune system. Leptin helps trigger Inflammation.
Why Does High Leptin Make Coronavirus More Deadly?
Obese men and women produce more Leptin, so they are more vulnerable to the potentially deadly side-effects of an overworked immune system, such as Cytokine Storm. They also have elevated resting levels of Leptin, which exacerbates this problem, as Leptin Levels are positively correlated with Inflammation.
The effects of Leptin, combined with the multitude of health issues associated with Obesity, make severely overweight individuals at significantly higher risk of complications, making the Coronovirus even more deadly.
Hormone Replacement Therapy to Control Obesity and Reduce Inflammation
While we do not advocate using Hormone Therapy as a front-line treatment to ward off Covid-19 Infection, consider that Obesity is often the result of Hormone Imbalance. Low-T, for example, is well-known to increase Inflammation, and studies have shown that Testosterone Treatments may be useful for patients at high-risk of Covid-19. Both HGH Deficiency and Testosterone Deficiency are associated with increased body fat, which increases the risks of Coronavirus. Our HRT Clinic offers both Sermorelin Acetate and HGH Injection Therapy to help patients overcome the adverse effects of Human Growth Hormone Deficiency.
If you've been considering Hormone Optimization, consider the long term health benefits, including how it can help you lose weight and enhance your immune system.
- How to Battle Psoriatic Disease with Proper Nutrition - August 1st, 2020
- Longevity and Anti-Aging -- The Use of Flax Seed Oil - July 30th, 2020
- Healthy Food Choices Has A Surprising Connection With Quality Of Sleep - July 29th, 2020
- Growth Hormone and Fasting: The Fascinating Link - July 28th, 2020
- Injectable Growth Hormone Shots for Weight Loss: What's More Important for Dieting? Exercise, Healthy Eating or Sleep? - July 27th, 2020
- The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss - July 26th, 2020
- Cinnamon Study Shows Blood Sugar Benefits for Pre-Diabetics - July 26th, 2020
- How to Blast “BAD” LDL Cholesterol Out of Your Blood...with Food! - July 25th, 2020
- Why You Should Avoid Eating White Flour Products… - July 22nd, 2020
- Why Weight-Loss Plateau's Happen...and What You Can Do About It - July 21st, 2020
- Organic Foods. Make An Informed Decision. - July 20th, 2020
- Blood pH Level Is A Key Pointer To Ill Heath - July 19th, 2020
- Muscle Loss Can Help Be Prevented With Natural Acid Found In Apples - July 18th, 2020
- Increase HGH By Restricting Calorie Intake Before Sleeping - July 17th, 2020
- Red Meat: Good or Bad? - July 16th, 2020
- Sugar Addiction: The UnSweet Truth - July 15th, 2020
- Stop the Chronic Inflammation Epidemic Dead in its Tracks! - July 13th, 2020
- The Importance of Nutrition - July 12th, 2020
- Intermittent Fasting (IF) - Does It Work? - July 11th, 2020
- The Many Health Benefits of Beets / Remolacha - July 10th, 2020
- Processed Meat Can Put Your Long Term Health At Risk - July 9th, 2020
- Sugar Should be Avoided if You're Trying to Optimize Your Hormones, like HGH and Testosterone - July 8th, 2020
- Protein Building Block - The Facts You Need To Know - July 7th, 2020
- HGH Injections, Brain Exercise and Foods That Help You Improve Mental Focus - July 6th, 2020
- Enjoy That Morning Cup of Coffee GUILT-FREE - July 5th, 2020
- 16 Cancer-Causing Foods to Avoid - July 4th, 2020
- Top 25 Beneficial Foods - July 3rd, 2020
- The Importance of Calcium for Health and Wellness - July 2nd, 2020
- Magnesium: The “Miracle Mineral” - July 1st, 2020
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
Word Count: 429