Scientists and medical researchers across our globe are at war with the Coronavirus. Practically every discipline in medical science is devoting massive resources into better means to treatment, in the expectation that one day soon we will find a cure. As we learn more about Covid-19, it becomes clear that a wide variety of factors are at play when determining an individual's risk of contracting Coronavirus.
Once infected, the severity/mortality of Covid-19 is also highly variable. Some people contract Coronavirus with no noticeable symptoms, while others are filling up ICUs across America. One hormone that is suspected of having an adverse impact on Covid-19 outcomes is Cortisol.
What Is Cortisol?
Cortisol is a hormone that is innately connected to both physical and psychological stress response. The hormone is intimately connected to the human fight-or-flight response. When we enter a stressful situation, increased Cortisol production triggers the body and mind to go on high-alert, ready to make split-second decisions that could mean life-or-death. Cortisol is secreted by the Adrenal Glands, a long with Adrenaline, another hormone associated with stress-response.
Cortisol Controls Several Critical Functions
Along with its effects on fight-or-flight, Cortisol is also critically important to several aspects of human physiology, including immune response, salinity, blood pressure, and metabolism. Cortisol is necessary for normal function, but modern humans are prone to produce too much Cortisol. Chronic stress is one of the primary culprits for excess Cortisol, largely because of the pressures and demands of modern culture, but also due to environmental factors, genetics, and lifestyle.
Cortisol Depletes Physiological Resources
Cortisol levels elevate in an attempt to respond to immediate threats. It diverts resources away from the mechanisms that preserve our long-term survival, including immune function. Elevated Cortisol Levels arising from Chronic Stress and other factors have been shown to suppress the immune response, increasing the risks associated with Covid-19.
A recent study provides evidence regarding the relationship between Covid-19 and Cortisol. Researchers examined the blood of hundreds of individuals stuck in the hospital—535 total, 403 of which were diagnosed with Coronavirus. The scientists measured Cortisol Levels in both groups and discovered that Covid-19 positive patients had exceptionally high Cortisol compared to the control group.
Higher Cortisol Levels Associated With Lower Coronavirus Survival Rates
Researchers used Cortisol Levels of 744 nm/L as the benchmark. These levels are far above normal—under normal circumstances, the human body maintains Cortisol at 100-200 nm/L. They found that Coronavirus Patients with Cortisol Levels higher than this benchmark lived just 15 days on average. On the other hand, those that had Cortisol Levels below that threshold could survive around 36 days.
How Can Knowing A Patient's Cortisol Levels Impact Covid-19 Treatment?
In order to treat the Coronavirus most effectively, it's important to be able to quickly assess the amount of danger that a patient is in. The top indicator of risk is a patient's Oxygen Saturation Levels, but other factors provide a more complete image of an individual's unique risk profile. By measuring Cortisol Levels in addition to Oxygen Saturation, medical staff can determine which patients need care most urgently. This also provides doctors and researchers with more leads on hypotheses that may improve treatment options in the future.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- The Importance of Regular Monitoring in Growth Hormone Therapy - November 23rd, 2023 [November 23rd, 2023]
- Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine - November 12th, 2023 [October 9th, 2023]
- Nanotechnology for Health and Longevity - October 17th, 2023 [October 3rd, 2023]
- Expert Views: Human Immortality as a Possible Outcome Through AI - October 17th, 2023 [September 28th, 2023]
- Human Longevity and Immortality: Exploring the Confluence of AI, Stem Cell Technologies, and Nanotechnology - October 8th, 2023 [September 21st, 2023]
- Chronic Fatigue and Weakness Major Symptom of HGH Deficiency - November 2nd, 2023 [July 13th, 2023]
- Safe Storage, Injection and Disposal of HGH - August 1st, 2023 [May 10th, 2023]
- Phoenix Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [October 14th, 2022]
- San Diego Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [September 23rd, 2022]
- San Antonio Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [September 16th, 2022]
- Improving Memory for Diabetics with Testosterone - September 9th, 2022 [September 8th, 2022]
- Houston Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [August 17th, 2022]
- Chicago Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [August 9th, 2022]
- Los Angeles Testosterone and Growth Hormone - April 7th, 2023 [August 4th, 2022]
- Testosterone and Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields (PEMFs) - August 9th, 2023 [August 2nd, 2022]
- The link between water, HGH, and Testosterone - August 9th, 2023 [July 28th, 2022]
- New York City Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [July 27th, 2022]
- HGH, Nutrition, Fasting, and Stem Cells…The Fascinating Links! - November 9th, 2023 [July 20th, 2022]
- How to Boost Testosterone with Food - July 31st, 2023 [July 11th, 2022]
- Thinking about Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)? - August 18th, 2023 [July 5th, 2022]
- You Don’t Need Permission to See a Specialist - April 20th, 2023 [June 28th, 2022]
- Interested in boosting your testosterone levels? Here’s How! - April 20th, 2023 [June 22nd, 2022]
- Wyoming Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [May 25th, 2022]
- West Virginia HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [May 6th, 2022]
- Pot Bellies Are Bad for Your Health - Hormone Balance for Men - February 16th, 2022 [February 16th, 2022]
- Washington, D.C. HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 18th, 2022]
- Zomacton Injections for Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - January 5th, 2022 [January 5th, 2022]
- Chronic Stress Can Lead to Hair Loss — New Research Reveals How - January 14th, 2022 [January 5th, 2022]
- Light Therapy: The Incredible Benefits of Red Light Therapy - August 9th, 2023 [January 3rd, 2022]
- Vermont HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 27th, 2021]
- Utah HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 17th, 2021]
- Finally! A safe, effective oral testosterone pill: Jatenzo! - August 16th, 2023 [December 13th, 2021]
- South Dakota HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 9th, 2021]
- Rhode Island HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 3rd, 2021]
- North Dakota HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 26th, 2021]
- Testosterone and Food: What you eat can boost your testosterone levels! - August 16th, 2023 [November 21st, 2021]
- New Mexico HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 17th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and DHEA - April 16th, 2023 [November 14th, 2021]
- New Hampshire HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 11th, 2021]
- Testosterone and Liver Health - July 18th, 2023 [November 5th, 2021]
- Nevada HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 3rd, 2021]
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin, and Memory - November 9th, 2021 [October 15th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin and Leptin - November 9th, 2021 [October 15th, 2021]
- Nebraska HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [October 6th, 2021]
- Montana HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [October 1st, 2021]
- Boost testosterone by eating more fat! - July 18th, 2023 [September 28th, 2021]
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: The secret weapon for controlling Erectile Dysfunction and Sleep Apnea - August 9th, 2023 [September 23rd, 2021]
- Celebrity Dax Shepard Takes Pride in Results from Testosterone Therapy - January 24th, 2022 [September 9th, 2021]
- Ipamorelin Acetate – Boosting HGH with Peptides - January 20th, 2022 [August 10th, 2021]
- Kansas HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [August 5th, 2021]
- Tesamorelin: the answer to losing those stubborn pounds of fat! - August 15th, 2023 [August 2nd, 2021]
- Maine HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 28th, 2021]
- What Happens When I Get Growth Hormone Injections? - August 15th, 2023 [July 26th, 2021]
- Recent Research Concludes: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Lowers Heart Attack Risk - August 15th, 2023 [July 21st, 2021]
- The Fascinating link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - August 15th, 2023 [July 16th, 2021]
- Hawaii HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 14th, 2021]
- Delaware HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 8th, 2021]
- The Incredible Longevity benefits of Quercetin - August 18th, 2023 [July 6th, 2021]
- The Incredible, Health-Boosting Benefits of Mushrooms - August 9th, 2023 [June 30th, 2021]
- Arkansas HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [June 28th, 2021]
- Recognizing the Signs of Hormone Imbalance in Men - January 14th, 2022 [June 25th, 2021]
- Alaska HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [June 22nd, 2021]
- The benefits of Berberine - August 15th, 2023 [June 13th, 2021]
- The incredible, awesome health benefits of Onions - September 17th, 2023 [June 7th, 2021]
- Melatonin – The Importance of the Sleep Hormone - January 14th, 2022 [May 13th, 2021]
- The Medical Perspective on Inflammation Myths - January 20th, 2022 [April 29th, 2021]
- Are you feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic? - September 17th, 2023 [April 26th, 2021]
- Norditropin Human Growth Hormone Therapy for HGH Deficiency - November 9th, 2021 [April 6th, 2021]
- Eat Better to Overcome Stress and Control Blood Sugar - November 9th, 2021 [April 1st, 2021]
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Reduce Male Fertility and Impair Semen Quality - November 9th, 2021 [March 22nd, 2021]
- Thyroid Dysfunction Wreaks Havoc on Health and Metabolism - November 9th, 2021 [March 15th, 2021]
- Physical Activity for Protection against Hormone Imbalance and Chronic Diseases - November 9th, 2021 [March 11th, 2021]
- The Effects of Phthalate Exposure on Childhood Neurological Development - November 12th, 2023 [March 1st, 2021]
- Aging Causes Sarcopenia (Muscle Loss), And How Best To Avoid It - October 3rd, 2023 [February 22nd, 2021]
- Oxytocin Exposure Leads to Increased Natural Production - November 9th, 2021 [February 15th, 2021]
- Do Seasonal Changes Affect Hormone Balance? - November 9th, 2021 [February 9th, 2021]
- Georgia HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [February 5th, 2021]
- Mississippi HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 31st, 2021]
- Iowa HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 24th, 2021]
- Can Musicians Teach Us to Overcome Fatigue? - November 9th, 2021 [January 18th, 2021]