Scientists and medical researchers across our globe are at war with the Coronavirus. Practically every discipline in medical science is devoting massive resources into better means to treatment, in the expectation that one day soon we will find a cure. As we learn more about Covid-19, it becomes clear that a wide variety of factors are at play when determining an individual's risk of contracting Coronavirus.
Once infected, the severity/mortality of Covid-19 is also highly variable. Some people contract Coronavirus with no noticeable symptoms, while others are filling up ICUs across America. One hormone that is suspected of having an adverse impact on Covid-19 outcomes is Cortisol.
What Is Cortisol?
Cortisol is a hormone that is innately connected to both physical and psychological stress response. The hormone is intimately connected to the human fight-or-flight response. When we enter a stressful situation, increased Cortisol production triggers the body and mind to go on high-alert, ready to make split-second decisions that could mean life-or-death. Cortisol is secreted by the Adrenal Glands, a long with Adrenaline, another hormone associated with stress-response.
Cortisol Controls Several Critical Functions
Along with its effects on fight-or-flight, Cortisol is also critically important to several aspects of human physiology, including immune response, salinity, blood pressure, and metabolism. Cortisol is necessary for normal function, but modern humans are prone to produce too much Cortisol. Chronic stress is one of the primary culprits for excess Cortisol, largely because of the pressures and demands of modern culture, but also due to environmental factors, genetics, and lifestyle.
Cortisol Depletes Physiological Resources
Cortisol levels elevate in an attempt to respond to immediate threats. It diverts resources away from the mechanisms that preserve our long-term survival, including immune function. Elevated Cortisol Levels arising from Chronic Stress and other factors have been shown to suppress the immune response, increasing the risks associated with Covid-19.
A recent study provides evidence regarding the relationship between Covid-19 and Cortisol. Researchers examined the blood of hundreds of individuals stuck in the hospital—535 total, 403 of which were diagnosed with Coronavirus. The scientists measured Cortisol Levels in both groups and discovered that Covid-19 positive patients had exceptionally high Cortisol compared to the control group.
Higher Cortisol Levels Associated With Lower Coronavirus Survival Rates
Researchers used Cortisol Levels of 744 nm/L as the benchmark. These levels are far above normal—under normal circumstances, the human body maintains Cortisol at 100-200 nm/L. They found that Coronavirus Patients with Cortisol Levels higher than this benchmark lived just 15 days on average. On the other hand, those that had Cortisol Levels below that threshold could survive around 36 days.
How Can Knowing A Patient's Cortisol Levels Impact Covid-19 Treatment?
In order to treat the Coronavirus most effectively, it's important to be able to quickly assess the amount of danger that a patient is in. The top indicator of risk is a patient's Oxygen Saturation Levels, but other factors provide a more complete image of an individual's unique risk profile. By measuring Cortisol Levels in addition to Oxygen Saturation, medical staff can determine which patients need care most urgently. This also provides doctors and researchers with more leads on hypotheses that may improve treatment options in the future.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Nine Hormones that Can Impact Your Weight and How to Promote Hormone Balance - January 26th, 2023
- HGH Therapy – How Can I Know Who Is Legitimate? - January 10th, 2023
- The many health benefits of black tea - December 13th, 2022
- Testosterone Blockers Thwart Melanoma - December 11th, 2022
- Looking to lose weight? Add this ingredient to meals - December 7th, 2022
- Is it possible to live to 180? Perhaps! - November 29th, 2022
- Jeff Bezos Wants to Stop Aging! - November 24th, 2022
- The Quest for the Secret of Longevity - November 24th, 2022
- Matching Sex Drives Are Important to a Healthy Relationship - November 23rd, 2022
- Minoxidil: A potential cure for baldness? - November 16th, 2022
- A former Mr. Olympia speaks about testosterone - November 8th, 2022
- MOTS-c Peptide for Weight Loss and Muscle Building - November 7th, 2022
- A new study reveals that Testosterone improves body composition in men with low testosterone! - October 17th, 2022
- Phoenix Testosterone and HGH - October 14th, 2022
- Toxic Chemicals are Killing your testosterone…And your Manhood! - October 10th, 2022
- Testosterone May Help You Keep Your Job (Or Find Another) - October 4th, 2022
- A new study confirms: Testosterone Replacement Therapy is safe! - October 2nd, 2022
- San Diego Testosterone and HGH - September 23rd, 2022
- San Antonio Testosterone and HGH - September 16th, 2022
- Philadelphia Testosterone and HGH - September 9th, 2022
- Improving Memory for Diabetics with Testosterone - September 8th, 2022
- Low testosterone in men might increase the risk of severe COVID - September 6th, 2022
- Houston Testosterone and HGH - August 17th, 2022
- Chicago Testosterone and HGH - August 9th, 2022
- Los Angeles Testosterone and Growth Hormone - August 4th, 2022
- Testosterone and Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields (PEMFs) - August 2nd, 2022
- The link between water, HGH, and Testosterone - July 28th, 2022
- New York City Testosterone and HGH - July 27th, 2022
- HGH, Nutrition, Fasting, and Stem Cells…The Fascinating Links! - July 20th, 2022
- How to Boost Testosterone with Food - July 11th, 2022
- Thinking about Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)? - July 5th, 2022
- You Don’t Need Permission to See a Specialist - June 28th, 2022
- Interested in boosting your testosterone levels? Here’s How! - June 22nd, 2022
- Wyoming Testosterone and HGH - May 25th, 2022
- West Virginia HGH Clinics - May 6th, 2022
- Pot Bellies Are Bad for Your Health - Hormone Balance for Men - February 16th, 2022
- Washington, D.C. HGH Clinics - January 18th, 2022
- Zomacton Injections for Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - January 5th, 2022
- Chronic Stress Can Lead to Hair Loss — New Research Reveals How - January 5th, 2022
- Light Therapy: The Incredible Benefits of Red Light Therapy - January 3rd, 2022
- Vermont HGH Clinics - December 27th, 2021
- Utah HGH Clinics - December 17th, 2021
- Finally! A safe, effective oral testosterone pill: Jatenzo! - December 13th, 2021
- South Dakota HGH Clinics - December 9th, 2021
- Rhode Island HGH Clinics - December 3rd, 2021
- North Dakota HGH Clinics - November 26th, 2021
- Testosterone and Food: What you eat can boost your testosterone levels! - November 21st, 2021
- New Mexico HGH Clinics - November 17th, 2021
- Growth Hormone and DHEA - November 14th, 2021
- New Hampshire HGH Clinics - November 11th, 2021
- Testosterone and Liver Health - November 5th, 2021
- Nevada HGH Clinics - November 3rd, 2021
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin, and Memory - October 15th, 2021
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin and Leptin - October 15th, 2021
- Nebraska HGH Clinics - October 6th, 2021
- Essential Amino Acids Critical to Health and Hormone Balance - October 6th, 2021
- Montana HGH Clinics - October 1st, 2021
- Boost testosterone by eating more fat! - September 28th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: The secret weapon for controlling Erectile Dysfunction and Sleep Apnea - September 23rd, 2021
- Celebrity Dax Shepard Takes Pride in Results from Testosterone Therapy - September 9th, 2021
- Ipamorelin Acetate – Boosting HGH with Peptides - August 10th, 2021
- Kansas HGH Clinics - August 5th, 2021
- Tesamorelin: the answer to losing those stubborn pounds of fat! - August 2nd, 2021
- Maine HGH Clinics - July 28th, 2021
- What Happens When I Get Growth Hormone Injections? - July 26th, 2021
- Recent Research Concludes: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Lowers Heart Attack Risk - July 21st, 2021
- The Fascinating link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - July 16th, 2021
- Hawaii HGH Clinics - July 14th, 2021
- Delaware HGH Clinics - July 8th, 2021
- The Incredible Longevity benefits of Quercetin - July 6th, 2021
- The Incredible, Health-Boosting Benefits of Mushrooms - June 30th, 2021
- Arkansas HGH Clinics - June 28th, 2021
- Recognizing the Signs of Hormone Imbalance in Men - June 25th, 2021
- Alaska HGH Clinics - June 22nd, 2021
- The benefits of Berberine - June 13th, 2021
- The incredible, awesome health benefits of Onions - June 7th, 2021
- Using Sleep to Amplify Human Growth Hormone - May 27th, 2021
- Melatonin – The Importance of the Sleep Hormone - May 13th, 2021
- Omnitrope Injections for the Treatment of HGH Deficiency - May 6th, 2021
- The Medical Perspective on Inflammation Myths - April 29th, 2021