Video Link: https://vimeo.com/544844228
Video Download: Chronic Stress Can Lead To Hair Loss New Research Reveals How
Video Stream: Chronic Stress Can Lead To Hair Loss New Research Reveals How
Stress is the body's way to manage immediate threats to survival. While many hormones, chemical reactions, and nervous signals are associated with stress, Cortisol is the hormone most centrally involved in the sensation of stress. Stress is designed to get us out of tricky situations and back to a state of safety and balance. Cortisol is an absolutely necessary component of the hormone cascade, but it is also very prone to imbalance. This imbalance manifests in many ways but is most recognizable as Chronic Stress.
Stress Changes Physiological Priorities
Stress puts the human body and mind into fight-or-flight mode, which is a higher state of vigilance that prepares us to make split-second decisions and actions which serve to protect us in the present. While these physiological changes greatly help us concerning immediate threats, it comes at the expense of our long-term wellness. In ideal circumstances, the influence of stress is brief and fleeting, but human evolution, combined with the fast pace of the modern world, puts us in a position where we are faced with constant stress, which depletes vitality.
Cortisol and Hormone Imbalance
The effects of chronic stress are widespread. For example, the over-production of Cortisol comes at the expense of other critical hormones, such as Testosterone and Human Growth Hormone. Stress depletes levels of hormones essential to our long-term survival. Stress also leads to various issues related to fatigue, depression, and lack of energy.
Why Does Stress Lead to Hair Loss?
Along with all these other negative impacts, Chronic Stress is strongly associated with hair loss. While stress and hair loss have been associated with one another for quite a while, we're just beginning to learn the specific mechanisms which cause stress to induce hair loss in men and women.
The cycle of hair growth occurs in three phases. Hair grows from the follicle until it reaches a certain length (anagen phase). Then hair growth stops, and the base of the hair degrades (catagen phase). Finally, the hair is lost, setting the stage for new growth (telogen phase).
Hair growth is triggered by the activity of Hair Follicle Stem Cells. These stem cells contain the instructions for hair growth. During the telogen phase, these cells are inactive. It's been hypothesized that stress prevents Hair Follicle Stem Cell activity, and recent research begins to explain why. Harvard University researcher Doctor Ya-Chieh Hsu was the leader of this investigation, which was published in the science journal Nature in March.
Lab Tests Evaluate Effects of Corticosterone on Mice
Dr. Hsu's research was conducted on lab mice. Stress hormones are produced by the adrenal gland. Humans make Cortisol, and rodents have a similar hormone known as Corticosterone. Researchers tested the effects of Corticosterone on hair growth by removing the adrenal glands from test mice. After culling the influence of Corticosterone, hair growth sped up tremendously. Furthermore, the mice kept growing hair quickly even as they got older. Introducing Corticosterone to these mice via feeding restored normal hair growth patterns.
Another group of mice was subjected to stressful conditions for a number of weeks. This caused natural Corticosterone levels to increase. This diminished hair growth and led to a longer telogen phase. These tests provide evidence of the suppressive effects of Corticosterone on hair growth.
The next step was to determine the biological mechanism by which Corticosterone influenced hair loss. Through trial-and-error removal of Corticosterone receptors, scientists determined that Corticosterone did not act directly upon Hair Follicle Stem Cells but on the dermal papillae cells at the base of the follicle. Ultimately, they discovered that Corticosterone suppresses the production of GAS6 from the dermal papillae, which was directly responsible for the activation of Hair Follicle Stem Cells. Introducing GAS6 to test mice led to hair growth even under the influence of elevated Corticosterone.
Before we can adequately treat a health issue, it's important to understand the cause of the condition. By learning more about how stress influences hair loss, we can develop new mechanisms to preserve and restore hair growth. It's also likely that this study will help us learn more about how stress impairs growth and regeneration processes in other tissues as well.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Once you have completing the above contact form, for security purposes and confirmation, please confirm your information by calling us.
Please call now: 1-800-380-5339.
Welcoming You To Our Clinic, Professor Tom Henderson.
- Safe Storage, Injection and Disposal of HGH - May 10th, 2023 [May 10th, 2023]
- Phoenix Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [October 14th, 2022]
- San Diego Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [September 23rd, 2022]
- San Antonio Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [September 16th, 2022]
- Improving Memory for Diabetics with Testosterone - September 9th, 2022 [September 8th, 2022]
- Houston Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [August 17th, 2022]
- Chicago Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [August 9th, 2022]
- Los Angeles Testosterone and Growth Hormone - April 7th, 2023 [August 4th, 2022]
- Testosterone and Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields (PEMFs) - August 5th, 2022 [August 2nd, 2022]
- The link between water, HGH, and Testosterone - July 28th, 2022 [July 28th, 2022]
- New York City Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [July 27th, 2022]
- HGH, Nutrition, Fasting, and Stem Cells…The Fascinating Links! - July 20th, 2022 [July 20th, 2022]
- How to Boost Testosterone with Food - July 11th, 2022 [July 11th, 2022]
- Thinking about Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)? - July 5th, 2022 [July 5th, 2022]
- You Don’t Need Permission to See a Specialist - April 20th, 2023 [June 28th, 2022]
- Interested in boosting your testosterone levels? Here’s How! - April 20th, 2023 [June 22nd, 2022]
- Wyoming Testosterone and HGH - April 7th, 2023 [May 25th, 2022]
- West Virginia HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [May 6th, 2022]
- Pot Bellies Are Bad for Your Health - Hormone Balance for Men - February 16th, 2022 [February 16th, 2022]
- Washington, D.C. HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 18th, 2022]
- Zomacton Injections for Hypopituitarism and HGH Deficiency - January 5th, 2022 [January 5th, 2022]
- Light Therapy: The Incredible Benefits of Red Light Therapy - January 4th, 2022 [January 3rd, 2022]
- Vermont HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 27th, 2021]
- Utah HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 17th, 2021]
- Finally! A safe, effective oral testosterone pill: Jatenzo! - December 13th, 2021 [December 13th, 2021]
- South Dakota HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 9th, 2021]
- Rhode Island HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 3rd, 2021]
- North Dakota HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 26th, 2021]
- Testosterone and Food: What you eat can boost your testosterone levels! - November 21st, 2021 [November 21st, 2021]
- New Mexico HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 17th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone and DHEA - April 16th, 2023 [November 14th, 2021]
- New Hampshire HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 11th, 2021]
- Testosterone and Liver Health - November 9th, 2021 [November 5th, 2021]
- Nevada HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [November 3rd, 2021]
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin, and Memory - November 9th, 2021 [October 15th, 2021]
- Growth Hormone, Ghrelin and Leptin - November 9th, 2021 [October 15th, 2021]
- Nebraska HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [October 6th, 2021]
- Montana HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [October 1st, 2021]
- Boost testosterone by eating more fat! - November 9th, 2021 [September 28th, 2021]
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: The secret weapon for controlling Erectile Dysfunction and Sleep Apnea - November 9th, 2021 [September 23rd, 2021]
- Celebrity Dax Shepard Takes Pride in Results from Testosterone Therapy - January 24th, 2022 [September 9th, 2021]
- Ipamorelin Acetate – Boosting HGH with Peptides - January 20th, 2022 [August 10th, 2021]
- Kansas HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [August 5th, 2021]
- Tesamorelin: the answer to losing those stubborn pounds of fat! - November 9th, 2021 [August 2nd, 2021]
- Maine HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 28th, 2021]
- What Happens When I Get Growth Hormone Injections? - November 9th, 2021 [July 26th, 2021]
- Recent Research Concludes: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Lowers Heart Attack Risk - November 9th, 2021 [July 21st, 2021]
- The Fascinating link between COVID-19 and Testosterone - November 9th, 2021 [July 16th, 2021]
- Hawaii HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 14th, 2021]
- Delaware HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [July 8th, 2021]
- The Incredible Longevity benefits of Quercetin - March 15th, 2022 [July 6th, 2021]
- The Incredible, Health-Boosting Benefits of Mushrooms - November 9th, 2021 [June 30th, 2021]
- Arkansas HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [June 28th, 2021]
- Recognizing the Signs of Hormone Imbalance in Men - January 14th, 2022 [June 25th, 2021]
- Alaska HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [June 22nd, 2021]
- The benefits of Berberine - November 9th, 2021 [June 13th, 2021]
- The incredible, awesome health benefits of Onions - November 9th, 2021 [June 7th, 2021]
- Melatonin – The Importance of the Sleep Hormone - January 14th, 2022 [May 13th, 2021]
- The Medical Perspective on Inflammation Myths - January 20th, 2022 [April 29th, 2021]
- Are you feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic? - March 15th, 2022 [April 26th, 2021]
- Norditropin Human Growth Hormone Therapy for HGH Deficiency - November 9th, 2021 [April 6th, 2021]
- Eat Better to Overcome Stress and Control Blood Sugar - November 9th, 2021 [April 1st, 2021]
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Reduce Male Fertility and Impair Semen Quality - November 9th, 2021 [March 22nd, 2021]
- Thyroid Dysfunction Wreaks Havoc on Health and Metabolism - November 9th, 2021 [March 15th, 2021]
- Physical Activity for Protection against Hormone Imbalance and Chronic Diseases - November 9th, 2021 [March 11th, 2021]
- The Effects of Phthalate Exposure on Childhood Neurological Development - June 9th, 2021 [March 1st, 2021]
- How to Prevent Sarcopenia (Muscle Loss) Caused by Aging - May 3rd, 2021 [February 22nd, 2021]
- Oxytocin Exposure Leads to Increased Natural Production - November 9th, 2021 [February 15th, 2021]
- Do Seasonal Changes Affect Hormone Balance? - November 9th, 2021 [February 9th, 2021]
- Georgia HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [February 5th, 2021]
- Mississippi HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 31st, 2021]
- Iowa HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 24th, 2021]
- Can Musicians Teach Us to Overcome Fatigue? - November 9th, 2021 [January 18th, 2021]
- Oregon HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 12th, 2021]
- Are You Suffering From Fatty Liver Disease? - April 20th, 2023 [January 12th, 2021]
- Connecticut HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [January 5th, 2021]
- Did you know Saunas may increase growth hormone? - April 20th, 2023 [December 26th, 2020]
- Oklahoma HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 8th, 2020]
- Alabama HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 1st, 2020]
- Wisconsin HGH Clinics - April 7th, 2023 [December 1st, 2020]