Low Testosterone Affects a Third of Young Men with Type 2 Diabetes
New research has revealed that approximately one-third of men aged 18-35 with type 2 diabetes have low Testosterone levels.
Dr. Paresh Dandona and colleagues from the State University of New York in Buffalo measured circulating Testosterone levels in 38 men with type 1 diabetes and 24 men with type 2 diabetes.
Results showed that Testosterone levels were significantly lower in participants with type 2 diabetes than they were in men with type 1 diabetes. 33% of participants with type 2 diabetes were found to have low Testosterone levels, while 58% had Testosterone levels that were below normal for their age.
In comparison, just 8% type 1 diabetic patients had Testosterone levels below the lower limit of normal.
The participants with low Testosterone also had low levels of Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH), thus meaning that they met diagnostic criteria for hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, by not producing those two hormones in adequate amounts.
If left untreated, hypogonadotropic hypogonadism may lead to the development of osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease, as well as loss of sex drive, impotence and infertility.
The researchers conclude: “Young type 2 diabetic patients have significantly lower plasma concentrations of total and free testosterone and inappropriately low LH and FSH concentrations with a very high prevalence of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism when compared with type 1 diabetic patients of a comparable age.
The potential implications for their sexual and reproductive function during prime reproductive years are profound.”
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- What is a Nutraceutical? - March 4th, 2018
- Welcome to HRT, HGH and Testosterone Therapy - February 18th, 2018
- Erectile Dysfunction: The Facts You Need to Know - February 8th, 2018
- How to Age Rapidly or Not - February 6th, 2018
- The Curse of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - January 30th, 2018
- Healthy Living Can Add 14 Years to Your Life! - January 22nd, 2018
- Weight Loss Through HGH - January 15th, 2018
- Restrict Your Calories 30% and Live 30% Longer! - November 18th, 2017
- Stop Suffering From Heartburn - November 11th, 2017
- The Facts About Cholesterol...the Truth May Surprise You! - July 27th, 2017
- Learn the Link Between Diabetes and Growth Hormone - July 27th, 2017
- Avoid Black Market HGH and Botox -- Marina del Rey Woman Arrested in HGH Case -- Guide - July 27th, 2017
- All the Different Brands of Human Growth Hormone -- Guide - July 27th, 2017
- Human Growth Hormone Guide - July 27th, 2017
- BHRT Medical Solutions - July 27th, 2017
- Female Blood Panel Work - July 16th, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Program Protocol Diary - May 23rd, 2017