Low Testosterone Affects a Third of Young Men with Type 2 Diabetes
Dr. Paresh Dandona and colleagues from the State University of New York in Buffalo measured circulating Testosterone levels in 38 men with type 1 diabetes and 24 men with type 2 diabetes.
Results showed that Testosterone levels were significantly lower in participants with type 2 diabetes than they were in men with type 1 diabetes. 33% of participants with type 2 diabetes were found to have low Testosterone levels, while 58% had Testosterone levels that were below normal for their age.
In comparison, just 8% type 1 diabetic patients had Testosterone levels below the lower limit of normal.
The participants with low Testosterone also had low levels of Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH), thus meaning that they met diagnostic criteria for hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, by not producing those two hormones in adequate amounts.
If left untreated, hypogonadotropic hypogonadism may lead to the development of osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease, as well as loss of sex drive, impotence and infertility.
The researchers conclude: “Young type 2 diabetic patients have significantly lower plasma concentrations of total and free testosterone and inappropriately low LH and FSH concentrations with a very high prevalence of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism when compared with type 1 diabetic patients of a comparable age.
The potential implications for their sexual and reproductive function during prime reproductive years are profound.”
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- All the Different Brands of Human Growth Hormone -- Guide - April 24th, 2018
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH) Medical Guide - April 4th, 2018
- Female Blood Panel Work - April 3rd, 2018
- What is a Nutraceutical? - March 4th, 2018
- Erectile Dysfunction: The Facts You Need to Know - February 8th, 2018
- How to Age Rapidly or Not - February 6th, 2018
- The Curse of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - January 30th, 2018
- Healthy Living Can Add 14 Years to Your Life! - January 25th, 2018
- Stop Suffering From Heartburn - January 15th, 2018
- Weight Loss Through HGH - January 15th, 2018
- Restrict Your Calories 30% and Live 30% Longer! - December 15th, 2017
- Welcome to HRT, HGH and Testosterone Therapy - December 13th, 2017
- The Facts About Cholesterol...the Truth May Surprise You! - July 27th, 2017
- Learn the Link Between Diabetes and Growth Hormone - July 27th, 2017
- Avoid Black Market HGH and Botox -- Marina del Rey Woman Arrested in HGH Case -- Guide - July 27th, 2017
- BHRT Medical Solutions - July 27th, 2017
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Program Protocol Diary - May 23rd, 2017